Azur Lane: Crosswave Confirmed Western Launch Date + FREE DLC Character!
Azur Lane: Crosswave
PlayStation 4™ – EUROPE
Recently this month, Idea Factory International revealed that the Western release of Compile Heart and Felistella-developed shooter game, Azur Lane: Crosswave is coming to PlayStation 4 in February. At that time, no definite release date has been announced.
Now, the publisher is pleased to unveil that Azur Lane: Crosswave will be hitting Sony’s console on February 13th in North America and February 21 in Europe. Meanwhile, PC players can also expect the action RPG on February 13th which will be launched globally via Steam with English, Japanese, and Traditional Chinese language support as subtitles.
What’s even more exciting is that Idea Factory International announced a free downloadable character for both PS4 and PC. And it is none other than Neptune from the Neptunia series! Neptune will be available for one month after the game’s launch in their respective regions. Players can get Neptune via the PlayStation Store and Steam.
As of the time of writing, no screenshots have been revealed on how the DLC character will look like in the upcoming game. So, let’s wait for more updates!
Furthermore, the publisher shared new character pages on their official website for Azur Lane: Crosswave. Check it all out below and get to know more of the game’s characters!
- Sakura Empire: Takao, Nagato, Ikazuchi, Ise
- Dragon Empery: Ping Hai
- Iron Blood: Bismarck
- Eagle Union: Indianapolis
- DLC: Neptune
If you want to pick up this game, you can get the Commander’s Calendar Edition here at Playasia! Check out the inclusions below.
What’s in the box?
- Collector’s Box
- PS4 Game: Azur Lane: Crosswave
- Reversible Cover Sleeve
- 12 page Art Desk Calendar(164mm x 134mm)
**while supplies last.
For a brief background, Azur Lane is a famous side-scrolling video game that was first released for iOS and Android in 2017. After the massive success in China, the game spread its popularity in Japan. This game has adapted several entertainment outlets such as manga and novelizations. Azur Lane grabs the console game spot with the Azur Lane: Crosswave. It was first released in Japan on August 29, 2019. Now, the Western folks will experience this in February!
Here’s the official description via Idea Factory International.
Azur Lane: Crosswave takes the spirit of the mobile game and uses the Unreal Engine to bring its characters to life in a massive 3D world, so fans can see them like they’ve never seen them before. The in-game character designs will also feature cel-shaded anime style 3D graphics that stay true to the original art.
If you are curious about the gameplay, check out the video below from GuardianE. (JP Version)
The Japan version of this game is still available on our website. So, if you want to grab the Japan Version, click the button below to order yours now!
Read more about the game > HERE <
Enjoy the trailer, features, and screenshots for the game.
- Ships at Bae – Players will need to defeat enemy ships and meet special criteria to unlock and customize new characters. Swap weapons and even cute accessories to fit your needs as the top commander of the seas! With a multitude of characters to collect each equipped with unique strengths and abilities and NPCs to unlock, every player will definitely find their favorite commander to customize!
- Ready Your Torpedoes and Set Sail – Before you set sail, players can prepare their character units, formations, and equipment. Customizing and preparing your formation ahead of battle is crucial!
- Glide and Weave – Don’t just sit out there like a buoy! Prepare yourself and input your attacks! Pay close attention to aerial bombs, underwater torpedoes, and incoming projectiles. Launch and aim your torpedoes, shoot down incoming aerial attacks with your anti-air guns, and swiftly glide past any incoming missiles!
- Unreal Big Fish – Azur Lane: Crosswave uses the Unreal Engine and it brings your favorite 2D characters in the original mobile app come to life in this 3D, cel-shaded world!