Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC Development Affected By COVID-19
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Nintendo™ Switch – US, EU & JAPAN
As the negative effect of the pandemic outbreak of COVID-19 or also known as coronavirus, rises every single day worldwide, several gaming industries were also struck by it. One of which is the best crossover fighting game by Nintendo, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
According to a recent interview in Famitsu with the series’ director, Masahiro Sakurai said that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate might encounter a potential delay in the development of its Fighter Pass 2 due to COVID-19 concerns.
As per the director, originally, he had planned on doing a Nintendo Direct presentation to reveal the newest DLC character. However, since their developers are now working remotely as preventive measures for the outbreak, this has delayed the efforts to work smoothly on the supposed presentation.
So, that means, we can expect a longer timeline of the Fighter Pass’ 2 release from its previously planned end of 2021 launch. You can check out the highlights of the interview below translated by Siliconera.
- “My plans to present new fighter proposal(s) to publisher(s) have been delayed indefinitely as I haven’t been able to meet up with those involved [in these circumstances].”
- “If any employees are found infected with the virus, the entire building is locked down, and game development will be completely halted.”
- “Even if we are able to announce a new fighter, there is the possibility we are not able to work on development as scheduled.”
- “The coronavirus has cast a large shadow over the game development industry. As time goes on, there may be announcements of game delays and cancellations, but there’s nothing you can do about it. There’s no way that the work meant to be put into the games will follow its original schedule.”
In Case You Missed It…
Here’s the overview of Fighter Pass Vol. 2 from Nintendo.
Fighters Pass Vol. 2
Aside from Byleth’s reveal, new details were announced about the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass Vol. 2, which will include six more fighters currently under development. By purchasing Fighters Pass Vol. 2 for a suggested retail price of $29.99, players will get access to six more yet-to-be-announced Challenger Packs as they release. Each pack includes one new fighter, one stage and multiple music tracks. Those who purchase Fighters Pass Vol. 2 will also receive an exclusive costume for Mii Swordfighter, the Ancient Soldier Gear from the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game, available in-game starting January 28.
If you still haven’t got a copy of Nintendo’s most famous crossover fighting game, you’re in luck! Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is still available here at Playasia. We ship globally! You know the drill.
You can check out the trailers, features, and screenshots for the game below.
- New fighters, new stages, AND every fighter ever featured in the series… EVER!
- Inkling from the Splatoon series join the roster
- Ridley from the Metroid series also joins the fight
- Returning fighters include Wolf, Ice Climbers, Pokémon Trainer and more
- Elevate the Super Smash Bros. experience to new heights with faster combat, new attacks, new items, and new defensive options
- Hold a 4 player free-for-all, or kick it up to 8-player battles*
- All current Super Smash Bros. series amiibo™ figures are supported
Read more about the game >HERE<