The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Confirmed to Head West
PS4™ & SW – US & EU
- NIS America confirmed that The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV is coming to the west.
- The upcoming game is poised to release sometime in Fall on PS4 and on 2021 for Nintendo Switch and PC.
- This is the last entry in the Trails of Cold Steel series.
Later this year, we are going to embark on a challenging journey into the world of the Erebonian Empire where an all-out war awaits. The fate to stop this cruel world from total destruction is in your hands. Are you ready?
The pioneer in the action-role-playing-game genre, Nihon Falcom, has worked with the well-known publisher NIS America to bring The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV to the West. NIS America confirmed on April 1st that the fourth entry in the Trails of Cold Steel series is heading to North America and Europe. And yes, it’s not an April Fool’s joke.
The company announced that the game will arrive sometime this Fall on PS4 in North America and Europe. Meanwhile, NIS America also confirmed that Nintendo Switch and PC versions are in the works! As of the moment, both versions are currently penciled for a 2021 release window.
You can check out the official announcement trailer below.
Here’s the official description of the game:
The Erebonian Empire is on the brink of all out war! Taking place shortly after the ending of Trails of Cold Steel III, the heroes of Class VII find themselves against the full force of the Empire in an attempt to stop its path of total domination. Further, the hero of the Erebonian Civil War and Class VII’s instructor, Rean Schwarzer, has gone missing. Now, the students of Class VII, old and new, must unite with heroes from all over the continent to create the only chance the world has to be spared from total destruction.
As of the time of writing, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV is not yet open for pre-order here at Playasia. Stay with us for more updates!
You can check out the features, and screenshots for the game below.
- The Ultimate Class Reunion – Boasting the largest roster in series history, heroes from all over seek to join the cause! The heroes of Class VII unite with Crossbell’s Special Support Section and even the heroes of Liberl
- Battle Most Refined – New and returning systems join the already polished combat of The Legend of Heroes series, including the ability to summon giant mechs to the field for devastating attacks, use Auto Battle for more expedient combat, and utilize Lost Arts, the most powerful Orbal magic capable of turning the tide of battle
- Pursuits of the War Weary – In between epic battles, catch a breather with a number of mini-games including returning favorites like Vantage Master, fishing and puzzle games! And introducing new pursuits like Poker, Blackjack, and the Horror Coaster