PlayStation 5: PlayStation 4 Accessories Compatibility Announced | Check It Out!
Sony revealed the latest console PlayStation 5, and it’s coming this Holiday 2020. However, some are wondering if the PlayStation 4 accessories are compatible with the next-generation console.
So with the curiosity rises, Sony Interactive Entertainment has revealed the PlayStation 4 accessories compatible with PlayStation 5.
Check out the details below via PlayStation Blog.
Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5?
- Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
- The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).
- The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games.
- Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.
Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles.
Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?
No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.
Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?
Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.
PS5 Overview & Info
Sony finally revealed the next-generation console, PlayStation 5‘s hardware last June 11. After the reveal of the upcoming games for this console, the company surprised us with the design during the PS5: The Future of Gaming live stream.
No worries, folks if you are a huge fan of the digital games, Sony will bring the standard and digital editions of the console. The standard edition features the Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive as for the digital version, there’s no disc drive. The console turns out to be a futuristic black and white design.
In case if you are wondering about the release date and the pricing, Sony didn’t announce it yet. So, please wait for it, folks!
Check out the hardware design below.
Here’s the hardware reveal trailer below.
Thanks, Gamespot for the info!
PlayStation 5 is coming in Holiday 2020. For pre-orders, please wait here at Playasia. Once it’s open for pre-order, we will update you!
- CPU: x86-64-AMD Ryzen™ “Zen 2”
- GPU: AMD Radeon™ RDNA 2-based graphics engine
- Ray Tracing Acceleration
- SSD Storage System
- “Tempest” 3D AudioTech
- Backwards compatibility with PS4 games and PSVR hardware
- Support of 4K 120Hz TVs, 8K TVs, VRR (specified by HDMI ver.2.1)
- Haptic Technology
- Adaptive Triggers
Play Has No Limits
Experience lightning-fast loading with an ultra-high-speed SSD, deeper immersion with support for haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and 3D Audio, and an all-new generation of incredible PlayStation games.
Harness the power of a custom CPU, GPU, and SSD with Integrated I/O that rewrite the rules of what a PlayStation console can do.
Marvel at incredible graphics and experience new PS5™ features.
Discover a deeper gaming experience with support for haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and 3D Audio technology.
Join our Playasia Loyalty Program and earn Playasia coins for every purchase. You can also rank up to get even better Loyalty Program perks!