Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! Free Update on August 19
Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version!
Nintendo™ Switch – JAPAN
The 2018-released classic rhythm game, Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! will receive an upcoming update on August 19 as announced by Bandai Namco. And to make things even more interesting, this is going to be a free update.
On August 19, Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! will be receiving a new feature called eSports Tournament mode. In case you missed it, this was revealed last month during the Drum ‘n’ Funs!’s 1 million sales celebration by Bandai Namco.
The upcoming mode will feature an online competitive gameplay mode where players can choose from one of the four difficulty types such as Easy, Normal, Hard, and Extreme in the eight-player tournament. During the first match, a random song will be automatically picked from the song in the package. Meanwhile, for the second match, players can freely choose their preferred pre-selected “My Battle” song.
And something to take note of, “My Battle” songs does not only include in-game songs but also allows players to use downloadable content songs. Aim to win both rounds to become the winner of the tournament and receive a gold medal! Worry not though runner-ups, you will also receive a silver medal. If you failed to finish the tournament, you can still watch the remaining players battle and cheer for them by sending heart marks. Kawaii!
But, that’s not all!
Bandai Namco also revealed new songs for the game via paid DLCs due out on Aug-20 in Japan:
- “1-2-3” (from Pocket Monsters)
Rock Music Pack
- “Nonsense Bungaku”
- “ROCKET DIVE”
- “PHOENIX” (from Haikyuu!! To The Top)
Vocaloid Song Pack Vol.5
- “Otome Kaibou”
- “Taiyoukei Disco”
- “Alkali Rettousei” (from #COMPASS Combat Providence Analysis System)
- “Coffee no Aji to”
If you still haven’t got a copy of the game yet, you can grab yours here at Playasia. Click the button below to get yours.
- Swing the Joy-Cons Like Drumsticks – One feature of Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! is the “Furifuri Performance” control method, where you swing the Joy-Cons like drumsticks to enjoy a Taiko Drum Master experience just like you were at the arcade. The “Don” note is hit with a straight downward swing of the Joy-Cons, while the “Kat” note is hit with a diagonal downward swing. HD Rumble is also supported, allowing you to feel each strike of the drums. Taiko Drum Master: Nintendo Switch Version! also supports TV mode, table mode, and handheld mode, allow you to perform whenever and wherever. Additionally, up to four Switch units can connect and play performances together in local multiplayer
- Performance Characters that Possess Various Performance Skills – Performance characters are one of the new elements in Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! Before starting a performance, you can select a performance character. Each character possesses various performance skills, so be sure to challenge songs that you have never played before
- Master Drumsticks – If you select the Master Drumsticks character, there will be no distinction between “Don” and “Kat” notes allowing you to simply swing the Joy-Cons to match the rhythm
- Lantern Eel – If you select the Lantern Eel character, you can barrage the drums to get a high score
Read more about the game here.
Join our Playasia Loyalty Program and earn Playasia coins for every purchase. You can also rank up to get even better Loyalty Program perks!