Monster Hunter Rise Announced For March 26, 2021 Release on Switch
Monster Hunter Rise
Nintendo™ Switch – JAPAN
- Capcom confirmed one of the newest entry in the Monster Hunter series, Monster Hunter Rise.
- The game is confirmed for a Nintendo Switch release on March 26, 2021.
- Pre-order for the game’s Japanese Nintendo Switch version is now open.
Hunters, an-all new hunting grounds await in the colorful Kamura Village of upcoming action RPG, Monster Hunter Rise! Capcom is proud to announce one of the latest installment in the Monster Hunter series, Monster Hunter Rise. The word ‘Rise’ in the title is meant to communicate the idea of rising players to new heights. This is connected to the new feature in the game which is the wall-climbing ability. The company confirmed that it will arrive on the Nintendo Switch on March 26, 2021.
Monster Hunter Rise injects a brand new take on the series. Players need to team up and save the vast open world of the Kamura Village from the threatening Rampage.
So, step into the hunting ground and get ready for some hunting action! Choose from the various types of weapons and equip your armor. You can then embark on a challenging journey to save the village and defeat precarious foes. Pick up items from the fallen monsters and craft unique weapons and armors out of it. It’s your call to face the journey alone or team up with up to three of your friends in the local or online co-op play.
Aside from the new wall-climbing ability, you can also harness a new ‘Wirebug’ hunting tool. The Wirebug can be equipped as a grappling hook that increases your success and survival during combat. You can use it while standing or in mid-air allowing you to have full aerial maneuverability.
Monster Hunter Rise will feature new hunting partners called: Palamutes and Palicoes. Palamute is a dog-like companion that can be personalized and ridden through the game’s vast environment and aid you in combat. Meanwhile, Capcom described Palicoes as returning characters that will support for actions like healing.
Now Open For Pre-order
New and returning fearsome monsters await in your next hunting journey in Monster Hunter Rise. Hunters, are you ready? Pre-order for the Japanese Nintendo Switch version is now open here at Playasia. Stay tuned for other version’s pre-order opening.
Enjoy the official English & Japanese trailer, features, and screenshots below.
【TRAILER ENGLISH & JAPANESE】
- Rise to New Heights – The debut of the new “Wirebug” mechanic allows for wire-based grappling actions that can be used to scale cliffs and other hard-to-reach areas, providing new traversal and aerial attack options
- New and Returning Monsters – The game will introduce Magnamalo, a menacing new flagship monster, as well as other new monsters like the shape-shifting Aknosom, the amphibious Tetranadon, and more. Hunters can also expect to encounter numerous fan-favorite and returning species from previous Monster Hunter games
- Canyne Companions – New hunting partners called Palamutes can be personalized and used to ride across the terrain, providing players with all-new traveling and attack options. On solo hunts, players can select both a Palamute and Palico to assist them, while multiplayer hunters can bring one or the other into the field
- The Rampage – In addition to the plethora of solo and multiplayer quests, the immersive story mode will task aspiring hunters with discovering the secrets behind the puzzling “Rampage” events that threaten Kamura Village
- Hunting Options – Play solo, or join up to three other hunters in local or online co-op play. The Nintendo Switch system also allows for hunting anywhere, anytime and with anyone!
- Seamless Gameplay – Featuring maps with no loading times, the continuous gameplay ensures that players will remain on their quests as soon as the hunt begins, without transitions between areas
Join our Playasia Loyalty Program and earn Playasia coins for every purchase. Also, you can rank up to get even better Loyalty Program perks!