God of War: Ragnarok Launches in 2022 | Pre-order Yours Now!
PS5™ & PS4™ – US, EU, JAPAN & ASIA
- This is the sequel to the 2018 game, God of War.
- It’s coming in 2022 for PS5 & PS4.
- So, pre-order yours now here at Playasia!
Ragnarok is now approaching. During the PlayStation September Showcase, Santa Monica Studio revealed God of War: Ragnarok. This upcoming action-adventure game is the ninth installment to the award-winning game franchise, God of War. It’s scheduled to be released in 2022 for the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.
Following the game’s announcement in September 2020, it was revealed this is one of the most anticipated games from various gaming critics, journalists, and websites. It was slated for the 2021 release, however, the game was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. So, are you ready to join Kratos and Atreus once again?
Here’s the game description below from Sony.
The freezing winds of Fimbul winter have come to Midgard, making survival for Kratos, Atreus, and Mimir in the Norse wilds even more challenging than before.
While the last game built an enormous amount of trust and understanding between father and son, there is still a great deal of complexity in their interactions – especially after the revelation of Atreus’ Giant heritage and the hidden prophecy onlyKratossaw.
Atreus is desperately curious. Like most young people, he wants to understand who he is more than anything. In this case, he wants to understand who he could be. The mystery of Loki’s role in the upcoming conflict is something that Atreus cannot let go of. He wants to keep his family safe, but Atreus also doesn’t want to stand by and do nothing while conflict consumes the Nine Realms.
Kratos, still bearing the knowledge of his past mistakes, wants to spare Atreus the bloody lessons he learned from his conflict with the gods. He wants to keep his son safe, above all, and their confrontation with Baldur has vindicated the belief that only tragedy will come from further entanglements with the Aesir.
Together, Kratos and Atreus will have to make a choice about which path they will take. Whatever they choose will define the fate of all those living in the Nine Realms as Ragnarök approaches.
Thanks, Gematsu for the info!
God of War: Ragnarok launches in 2022. Here at Playasia, it’s now available for pre-order. Click the button below to pre-order yours now!
If you want to buy our PSN cards for this game, it’s available here.
Note: The availability of all items is subject to change without prior notice.
src in: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EE-4GvjKcfs?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&enablejsapi=1&origin=https://www.play-asia.com
src gen: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EE-4GvjKcfsActual comparison
src in: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EE-4GvjKcfs?enablejsapi=1&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.play-asia.com
src gen: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EE-4GvjKcfs
- Agony and Vengeance – We show a brief look at two of the main antagonists you’ll face in God of War Ragnarök: Freya and Thor. Because of Kratos’ actions at the end of the previous game, the once-ally-turned-enemy Freya has sworn vengeance for the death of her son, Baldur. We wanted to remind players that Freya isn’t just a terrifyingly powerful user of Vanir magic, but also that she’s a formidable warrior in her own right. Enraged by Kratos’ evasion of justice by her hand, Freya will turn every weapon at her disposal towards her son’s killer. Also suffering the loss of his sons and half-brother, Thor’s legendary bloodlust and wrath will be aimed at Kratos and Atreus. Referred to disparagingly by Mimir as the “Biggest Butchering Bastard in the Nine Realms,” Thor earned his title as one of the most powerful Aesir gods by wiping out nearly all the Giants at Odin’s command. While we don’t want to give too much away right now, we think even a peek at Mjölnir wreathed in lightning will give you a hint at just how formidable Thor will be as an adversary
- You Have My Axe – It would not be God of War without a healthy serving of visceral and spectacular combat. You’ve been able to see just a hint of new attack abilities, a new Runic Summon for Atreus, and of course, the return of Kratos’ legendary weapons. As a team, we’ve worked hard to take our learnings from God of War (2018) and improve upon combat to feel fresh, yet familiar. With God of War Ragnarök, one of our main goals was to push player choice in combat. Whether it’s through hard-hitting combos, a mastery of elements, or clever defensive tactics – you will find plenty of opportunities to fight alongside our duo in a way that feels uniquely expressive. Whatever your choice of combat strategy, the enemies that await in God of War Ragnarök will be ready. The realms have grown harsher, and a whole host of new creatures from across Norse mythology will test your skills. From the trailer, you can see what happens when Kratos finds himself under the hooves of the Stalker or grabbed between the jaws of a Dreki, and that’s just the beginning. With an expanded cast of adversaries, we aim to keep each combat encounter memorable from the smallest brawls to the big show-stopper bosses! We can’t wait to show you more as we get closer to release
- Onward to Asgard – Fans who played the last game know they were able to visit six of the Nine Realms during their journey. In God of War Ragnarök, you will be able to visit all nine! God of War Ragnarök will take you to the previously unreachable Vanaheim, Svartalfheim, and Asgard – as well as to new areas from locations featured in the last game. Exploring the realms will take you everywhere from verdant, otherworldly jungles to intricate subterranean mining networks. This next installment in the series will bring you a more diverse, beautiful, and mysterious variety of locations than in any other God of War game
Join our Playasia Loyalty Program and earn Playasia coins for every purchase. You can also rank up to get even better Loyalty Program perks!