Harvestella Introduces The Town of Spring: Nemea, Resident Istina, Jobs, Character Stories and More!
Nintendo™ Switch – JP & EU
Square Enix has dropped a bunch of new screenshots and details for the upcoming action RPG Harvestella. In this update, the game publisher introduces the Town of Spring called Nemea, Istina – a resident from Nemea, jobs, character stories and more!
The Town of Spring: Nemea
Welcome to Nemea!In this beautiful town, the flowers bloom all year round due to the influence of the nearby Spring Seaslight.And once the night falls, the town shows a different side.
Cherry blossoms dance against the night sky in a dreamlike display.Despite its beauty, there is trouble in the town of Nemea. A giant egg has appeared on the Spring Seaslight – one of the giant crystals that governs the seasons. Ever since, unfamiliar monsters have been flying into town and attacking the residents!
When you visit Nemea, you become involved with the investigation of the Seaslight, alongside Asyl – a member of the Argus Brigade that protects the town.
You can see the Spring Seaslight from the observation deck in Nemea.
Resident of Nemea: Istina
Next, we’ll introduce you to one of the memorable characters you’ll meet in this blooming place: Istina.
Istina is a teacher who lives together with the children at the town’s orphanage.
She’s intellectual, quiet, and rarely displays her emotions openly. She enjoys reading about different places in the world and often reads aloud to the children.This is how she spends her days and she’s beloved by the townspeople. However, it’s said that she only arrived in Nemea a few years ago.Upon meeting the protagonist, she must confront the past that she’s kept hidden…
When it comes to battle, you have access to multiple jobs, which define the weapon and abilities you can use in combat. Last time we showed you the Fighter, Mage and Shadow Walker jobs – this time we’re revealing the Sky Lancer.
This job uses a spear and excels at physical attacks with wind attributes. Because it learns many wide-range skills that take advantage of the spear’s reach, the Sky Lancer is very useful when facing multiple enemies!
When you recruit a character who has a certain job, the protagonist will also be able to use that job! In the screenshot above, you can see how working with Asyl has unlocked the Sky Lancer for use!
Socializing: Character Stories
Characters that can join you in battle as allies and other important characters each has their own Character Story. These stories focus on the problems that each character faces.As you progress through a Character Story, learning more about each character’s thoughts and feelings, your closeness to them will increase. This grants a range of benefits in combat, and you may even receive rewards!
Daily Life: Special Spring Produce
Farming is one of many Daily Life activities you can do in HARVESTELLA. By planting crops and tending to them diligently, you’ll be able to harvest them to either sell or use yourself in crafting and cooking.
Some produce can be harvested all year round, but some kinds of fruit and vegetables can only be grown during a specific season. Here’s a glimpse at some Spring crops you can cultivate:
Nemean Tomato Wisty Peach Cucumble Strawbuddy
These crops can be used as ingredients in mouthwatering meals. Here’s a look at just some of them – apologies if this gets your stomachs rumbling!
Nemea Bolognese Peach Rose Mousse Zucchini and mince sandwiches Strawberry ShortcakeOf course, there are many more types of special spring produce you can grow, and plenty more meals to make. But to publish more pictures of food would just be cruel, so we’ll let you discover them for yourselves.
Daily life: Fishing
Fishing is another way to happily wile away the hours in HARVESTELLA. You’ll be able to do it when you obtain a fishing rod.
Find a fishing point, and you can cast your line and catch some fish. Just as with crops grown on your farm, you can ship fish for money, or keep them to use in cooking.What you can catch depends on your location and other conditions. Perhaps you may even catch something other than a fish…You can even upgrade your fishing rod, which will let you catch even rarer fish!
Daily Life: Shipping
You can earn money in HARVESTELLA by shipping fruit and vegetables that you harvest from your fields.
You can use machines that you’ve crafted to create processed goods, which ship for an even higher price.
Thanks, Square Enix!
HARVESTELLA takes place on a planet where four giant crystals, known as the Seaslight, govern the seasons. All life receives its blessings.
One day, the Seaslight start behaving abnormally. Quietus begins to visit in the interim between seasons – and quickly establishes itself as the season of death. The Seaslight glow with a strange light, emitting dust formed of light that threatens all it touches – crops die, and people are trapped inside.
During one particular Quietus, your character – a traveler – collapses in an isolated village. You meet a girl called Aria, who claims to have come from the future and is researching the mysteries of this new, unwelcome season.
Thus, you and she take the first step on a journey that will reveal the very truth of the world.
So, what are you waiting for? Pre-order yours now!
Note: The availability of all items is subject to change without prior notice.
Hence, check out the game’s trailer, features, and screenshots below!
- Quietus – A season of death that comes at the turn of each season. Crops wither and the dust of death prevents people from even walking outside. It is said that the duration of Quietus is getting longer each year
- World – Players will be able to explore the various cities and dungeons of the world: “Nemea Town,” where cherry blossoms bloom all year round, “Seaside Town Shatolla,” with a lively bar scene, “Lethe Village,” with its beautiful colors of the four seasons, and the snow-covered “Holy Capital Argene.” In order for players to reach the “Seaslight,” the four giant crystals that govern the seasons, they must cross a beautiful yet rugged path
- Daily Life – Vegetables, grains, and fruits can be grown on fields and shipped for money or used as crafting materials. They can also be used for cooking, where recipes can have the effect of recovering HP or temporarily increasing stats, which will be useful while on adventures. At home, players take care of their animals: the round bird “Cluffowl,” the dignified goat “Woolum,” and their pet “Totokaku,” which may lead to nice rewards
- Comrades – Players will encounter new friends, such as “Shrika,” a missionary in search of a new faith, “Heine,” a flirtatious and handsome mechanic, “Asyl,” a descendant of the Wind Readers, and “Aria,” a mysterious girl who says she has come from the future. By facing their problems and their different ways of life, you will gain a better understanding of your allies
- Combat – During battle, switch instantly between a wide variety of jobs, like the “Fighter,” who unleashes quick sword techniques, the “Shadow Walker,” who deals lethal blows with twin swords, or the “Mage,” who specializes in magic attacks, to be victorious. Take on strong enemies by targeting their weak points and then eliminate them with a powerful Double Break attack
Join our Playasia Loyalty Program and earn Playasia coins for every purchase. Also, you can rank up to get even better Loyalty Program perks!