Compatible with Nintendo 3DS™ (3DS)
NTSC J / RPG
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King Similar Items
For US/Canada systems.
Track it down!
- A quintessential RPG from Square Enix
- Explore a massive, beautifully designed world
- Battle 250+ different monsters designed by famed artist Akira Toriyama
- Travel, win turn-based battles, earn items, manage them, and grow stronger
- Each character can learn unique attacks by upgrading skills
- No Random Encounters: enemies freely roam and chase you down on the field
- Monster Arena: form and battle teams of monsters to climb the ranks
First released for the PS2 back in 2004 (and more recently for smartphones in 2013) Dragon Quest VIII changed the era's video game expectations with simple and efficient gameplay and a beautiful open world. These are only a few of the reasons why it holds the rank as the best selling PS2 title in Japan.
When the jester Dhoulmagus places a spiteful curse upon the whole kingdom the people are transformed into thorns, and the land freezes in time. Only you, a lone guardsman, remain unaffected and able to embark on an epic journey to save both your king and country!
The re-release will feature multiple improvements and additions, including additional story scenarios which delve into Dhoulmagus' past, as well as the protagonist's childhood. The story is improved upon further with the introduction of new characters Morrie and Gerda to your party, as well as full fledged voice support.
Players will also find the world map is now populated by enemies, instead of the previous random battles, creating an atmosphere that is much more alive while traveling. Dragon Quest VIII on 3DS will support StreetPass, although how is yet to be revealed. Despite a list of improvements the title will not support stereoscopic 3D.