- Single and multiplayer game: A 35 races long single player campaign played at 7 locations. Multiplayer game up to 5 players
- 3 Brand new modes of game play: Race mode, Knock-Out mode and Run-Out mode
- 3 different types of racing cars: The American muscle, the street and the race cars all have a certain feel which requires different driving technique
- Various configuration for each car: All vehicles have different settings which makes them suitable for different races or driving styles
- 30 Achievements: A full achievement system to award stunts and special skills and also to teach some of the techniques in the game
- Leaderboard: A worldwide leaderboard for each racetrack
- Car damage: cars get damaged which does not influence the handling
Every race is different in Ignite. Each race brings something new as players try to win by using their own tactics.
The scoring system in Ignite allows for tactics to be used during a race. Gathering score allows the use of nitro in the race and converts to a time bonus at the end. So short-term usage of nitro can help the players get out of situations ahead of the others but using a lot of nitro and thus score may cost him the game. There are different methods of gathering scores (drafting, hitting objects, drifting) and some cars are more suited for a method than the other. Choosing the right car for the preferred method and playing out your strategy will make the player win the game.