Mighty No. 9
Limited time offer - Secure yours now before the offer expires!
Our previous price:
You save: US$ 15.00( 60% )
|add to cart||or||save for later|
- 12 Challenging action-platforming stages and boss battles!
- Classic 2D Action: Transformed -face off against your 8 Mighty brethren and unlock new skills & abilities transformations as you defeat them!
- Single Player Challenge mode offering dozens of mini missions to fully test your action platforming skills
- Boss Rush Mode: Play through each of the game‘s bosses, back to back, with a clock ticking to keep track of your best time
- Addtional unlockable Hard, Hyper and Maniac difficulty modes - Once you're done with the main game, take the challenge up another notch!
- 2 Player Online Race Battle: compete online, racing through each stage together in a head to head versus battle
- Score attack, Leaderboards & Rankings: Use Beck's Absorption Dash skill to chain together combos and perfect your run-throughs to earn those elusive S-Ranks!
- 2 Player Online Co-Op Challenge Mode: take on over a dozen missions online with a friend, playing as Beck and his partner, Call!!
- Toggle between regular and retro 8-bit music: featuring music from veteran game composers Manami Matsumae, Takeshi Tateishi & Ippo Yamada
- New ‘Ray’ DLC - An all-new stage including an epic battle with Beck’s rival Ray that, upon completion, unlocks Ray as a playable character for the entire main game, adding unique skills and all-new gameplay mechanics. The stage will be available as additional downloadable content, adding huge replay value.
Androids and other robots of the world has been crashed by a computer virus, and only one is not infected so he must save his race and defeat the villains - he is Mighty No.9! Mighty No. 9 is a classic Japanese side-scrolling action game helmed by Mega Man producer Keiji Inafune that brings back a classic formula transformed with modern tech, fresh mechanics, and fan input into something fresh and amazing!
Take the role of Beck, the 9th android in the line of Mighty Robots, and the only one who’s not infected by the mysterious virus that turns other robots to be frenzied. Run, jump, and shoot projectiles at enemies to acquire both weapons and abilities from foes that they defeat. Beck's body has the ability to transform into different shapes, depending to the specific Mighty Number robot that he defeats. The game features an intro level followed by the eight main stages, which are freely chosen in any order by the player. Beck must face one of the other eight “Mighty Number” in a boss battle at the end of each stage. At the end of the game, a final set of stages are unlocked leading up to the Final Showdown. “Mighty Skills” lets players grant new abilities and ways to buckle down the levels.
Recommended for you
|Official Release Date||Jun 21, 2016|
|ESRB Everyone 10
Titles rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older) have content that may be suitable for ages 10 and older. Titles in this category may contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes.
others also bought
|Average rating:||(3 out of 5)|
Please note that opinions expressed in any review are those of our customers and do not necessarily match those of the Play-Asia.com team.
not that bad because i'm thinking highly on mega man either
A title that isn't that terrible and plays just fine on the Wii U. Mighty No.9 was one of the most hyped up titles that unfortunately, did not deliver on all that it was built up to be and even had a bad marketing campaign for it. Mighty No.9 features a pleasant world where technology is very advanced and there isn't any sort of conflict between other countries and so forth. That is until robots start acting aggressive and hostile. Even our heroes brethren can't control their urge to be baddies. Mighty No.9, or Beck for short, is tasked by his professor and his other professor friend to restore the other Mighty Numbers to their good guy selves and join forces to tackle on the true threat behind of all of these corrupted robots. The game relies heavily on combos and has some small frame rate issues that don't usually take over unless its in certain parts where there is multiples of the infamous "pizza explosions" happening at once. It doesn't freeze the game or make it crash but rather makes it a tad annoying to see. It also is a spiritual successor to the much praised Megaman series and takes on many aspects like the difficult platforming, the ability to absorb the bosses abilities and add them to your own, and a laser beam like megaman. However, this game relies heavily on combos which is performed when you shoot enemies a certain amount of time and dash into them thus absorbing them and gaining points The game runs fine on the Wii U and the load times are ok too. Loading times last about 10 seconds max. Makes me wonder why people complained this version was atrocious. I personally enjoyed the game with it's bright and colorful world along with the difficult platforming, the new abilities to absorb from each boss fight, and some certain characters's personality. Some cheesy jokes are cringe worthy but others are well timed and pretty funny. Especially Avi. However, if you aren't into wanting to hear english dialogue, the audio can be changed to some other languages like french or Japanese. Plus there is subtitles for you to understand what's going on if you choose another language option which is great. Now if only that sort of option would be used for Japanese only import titles so that people who import can understand plots to the games they buy. Anyways, the game isn't as bad as everyone says it is. It just was put on a pedestal and basically let everyone down on all of the hype like No Man's Sky. However, if you come in with no hype and just to play it for some fun, then you'll be pleasantly surprised by this game and I personally would recommend it regardless of port you choose to play it on.
Wait for next title from Inafune
This is a disappointment.
For all the hype it received, could be better. As it is it's an ok game.
Log in or create account to post your own reviews.