- High-definition Graphics – Characters, background visuals, and cutscenes have been given a high-definition upgrade. Immerse yourself in the world of Onimusha and enjoy enhanced gameplay with improved graphics
- Widescreen Support and Display Options – Play using the original display ratio (4:3) or widescreen (16:9). Change between the two at any time in-game (Note: Some menus and screens are fixed at either 16:9 or 4:3.)
- Screen Scrolling – Screen scrolling has also been added for widescreen mode. The background scrolls up and down according to player movements, showing areas that wouldn't be fully displayed otherwise
- Analog Stick Support – In addition to the original controls, players can also move freely using analog sticks. This added feature makes it easier to move and change directions quickly, making more action-packed gameplay possible
- Easy Mode – Is unlocked from the start of gameplay, providing that much-needed feature in the original game. This addition makes it easier for both newcomers and long-time fans to dive into the world of Onimusha
Japanese actor Takeshi Kaneshiro, who played the voice of main character Samanosuke in the original game, also joined the project as a guest creator. The Japanese voices have been newly recorded, and the brand new soundtrack promises to be even more spectacular than the original.
In an attempt to unify Japan, Yoshimoto Imagawa's army departed Suruga for the capital. But during their encampment at Dengaku Gorge in Owari Prefecture, Imagawa's destiny changed forever. With only 2,000 soldiers, Nobunaga Oda raided the Imagawa camp. This encounter is known worldwide as the Battle of Okehazama.
From atop a nearby hill, a young man named Samanosuke Mitsuhide Akechi watched this scene unfold. Samanosuke, who refused the beckoning of renowned warlords and traveled as he liked, was the nephew of Mitsuhide Akechi, who would one day be the leader of the rebellion at Honnoji.
It was only a year later that soldiers and servants began mysteriously disappearing at Inabayama Castle, the residence of Yoshitatsu Saito. Yoshitatsu's younger sister, Princess Yuki, sent Samanosuke a letter detailing these troubling incidents. Upon receiving her letter, Samanosuke rushed to Inabayama Castle.
However, Samanosuke was not prepared for his enemy. After a rough encounter with the demons, the ogre clan granted Samanosuke a powerful and mysterious gauntlet that enabled him to grow stronger with every demon he killed...
Recommended for you
|Official Release Date||Dec 20, 2018|
|Language||English, Japanese, Chinese|
|CERO C (15+)|