- Support 11 different types of retro game cartridges
- High resolution video with HDMI output
- All game systems have integrated into the menu screen. Visually organized & user-friendly
- Customize the game environment the way you like with varieties of settings such as Display Filter and Sound Enhancement
- Able to Save Data even if a cartridge has exhausted SRAM battery
- You can quick save anywhere in the game
- Save the game anytime, anywhere with Save State
- Customizable button mapping function. Able to play multiplayer games with friends
- Install your cartridge games on Retro Freak
- Beat a game with the invincible mode by using Cheat Functions
- Create your customized game environment with settings that aren't available on retro game systems
- Compatible to various USB Controllers
- Comes with a wired controller, designed for retro games, which also includes original Retro Freak buttons
- Compatible to various USB Controllers
- It supports retro game system's official controller and accessories
descriptionTime to play all the games! This incredible device from Cyber Gadget claims to support original games from the Famicom, NES, SNES, Mega Drive/Genesis, PC Engine, TurboGrafx-16, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, and Supergrafx!
Here is the real kicker: the Retro Freak will also allow you to rip and install all these games from the cartridge onto the console with the use of an SD card! The device also has an HDMI output, instant saving, and cheat codes for certain games.
|Official Release Date||Oct 31, 2018|
|Product Measures||33cm x 21cm x 8cm|
Recommended for you
|Average rating:||(5 out of 5)|
Please note that opinions expressed in any review are those of our customers and do not necessarily match those of the Play-Asia.com team.
The product name makes it sound like it’s just the breakout box for old controllers, but this is actually the whole console, plus the controller adapter, plus the nes adapter. It’s the UK / Europe version though, so you’ll need a plug adapter if you’re in the USA. It works great. No emulation problems as far as I can tell. Of course if the game ran like crap on the original system, it’s not going to run any better on the Retro Freak. I’m not sure if my firmware is up to date, but everything seems to be working fine. Kid Dracula American translation NES repro didn’t work, but it’s not an official release, and production numbers were ridiculously low, so I’m not exactly shocked that it didn’t show up in the database. Shipping was faster than expected.
I've been loving the Retro Freak since I purchased it about six months ago. I'm only experiencing one problem with it: Games will freeze on me during play quite often and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the mini SD card, maybe it's a faulty power cord, or something but this is very irritating and I'm having trouble pinpointing the problem. Anyone reading this that has suggestions about what I can do or try to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
The price TOTALLY justifies itself. Considering the NES and now new SNES classic editions run at about $100 CAD, this console can not only run the same games but you can ADD more games!!!!!
It's a no brainer really! I've gotten a hold of 30 different ROMS for NES, SNES, SEGA, AND GAMEBOY, all 30 of them run smooth!
The fact that I can save ALL THE GAMES to a micro SD card, also amazed me.
Don't even bother with NES/SNES classic edition. This thing can trump those 2 consoles!
By the way, shpping to Canada was a breeze! :D
Positive: The console is great for playing all those old games. The controller feeles good an the menu system is comprehensive.
Negative: I can't udate the firmware! I have the feeling, I was sold an console from an outdated stock pile, since my board revision is still v1.0 vs. the current v1.2
Negative: Support from Cyber Gadget is not existent. I tried to e-Mail them because of my FW issue but never got a response.
It needs an added ethernet connection to update the firmware automatically (maybe they can put one in the next model)... and they should implement achievements by utilizing the system established at retroachievements.org.
Also, the leeway in the cartridge slots gives a bit too much room. Cartridges should fit tight behind and in front. Now if you push forward or backward on the cassette it feels as if the connector may snap off below because there is too much room available.
Other than that, it should be able to play NES and Game Gear games right out of the box... and the controller adaptor should be built in. All the connectors that you must purchase separately are quite a drag.
Log in or create account to post your own reviews.