Our previous price:
You save: US$ 5.00( 10% )
|add to cart||or||save for later|
- Exhilarating Weapons-Based Combat - Samurai Shodown carries on the legacy of the tense battles the series is known for, where players are always one strike away from death, and one powerful attack away from victory
- Evolving the Presentation - Using the power of UNREAL ENGINE 4 the series is able to achieve a level of detail and graphical quality like never before
- Unique Cast of Returning and New Warriors - Samurai Shodown welcomes back iconic characters from past iterations, including the swordsman Haohmaru, his rivals Ukyo and Genjuro, the shrine maiden Nakoruru, and fan-favourite Galford. The starting roster will include a total of 16 characters - 13 veterans and three newcomers to the franchise
- All-New Gameplay - Carrying on some of the key fighting mechanics that made the series popular, such as the Rage Gauge, Rage Explosion, Sword Clash and more, Samurai Shodown will also include several new techniques, including a powerful, one-time use attack from each character called the Super Special Move
- Revolutionary New AI System - Titled Dojo Mode, SNK has developed a proprietary AI system that learns from player patterns and creates a specific Ghost clone from that data. With this system, players can fight against their own Ghost or take on the Ghosts of top players in mock battles
A brand new SAMURAI SHODOWN game takes aim for the world stage!
SAMURAI SHODOWN has enjoyed worldwide success as a blade-wielding fighting game series since its first release in 1993. 11 years have passed since the last series installment, and it is now time for SAMURAI SHODOWN to return in a brand new game featuring high-end visuals and gameplay! Faithfully reproducing the game mechanics and atmosphere that contributed to the success of the series, SAMURAI SHODOWN includes a revolutionary feature that learns from players game actions and patterns in order to create CPU-controlled “ghost” characters. With a story set one year before the very first installment, a diverse cast of returning and new characters cross paths in order to fulfill their destinies!
Recommended for you
|Official Release Date||Jun 25, 2019|
others also bought
SAMURAI SHODOWN / SAMURAI SPIRITS – Trailer (YouTube)
Samurai Shodown - Return of a Legend (YouTube)
Samurai Shodown - Earthquake [US] (YouTube)
|Average rating:||Too few reviews (min 3 reviews required)|
Please note that opinions expressed in any review are those of our customers and do not necessarily match those of the Play-Asia.com team.
Samurai Shodown takes the emphasis of gameplay away from difficult combos and tricky setups, and back into traditional spacing, footsies and fundamentals. It's possible to get into this game in minutes yet mastering it will take ages. Highly recommended to beginners and veterans of fighting games alike!
I really enjoyed this game. You get to see a buxom Chinese girl take part in a Japanese horror movie. So, it's one of the most relatable games I've ever seen.
The AI feature hasn't really been trained to a point where it poses any kind of challenge, but I expect it'll become one later as time goes on.
I miss Rimururu, but it's not like they're redoing Samurai Shodown 3. That game had a wonderful soundtrack with lots of memorable chord progressions. The Playstation version was completely redone, putting the Arcade version to shame. Compared that game, I give this one's soundtrack a 3/5.
It's really fun to have friends over and run tourneys with these unfamiliar, yet diverse characters. I would give this game 5 stars, were it not for the AI and the soundtrack.
Log in or create account to post your own reviews.