What Goes Behind The Creations of God Of War? See It Here
God Of War
PlayStation 4™ – US, EU, ASIA, JAPAN
The long wait is over folks. The most awaited game this year has successfully gone gold! Meaning, the game has finished its development and is more than ready for its mass production. GOD OF WAR! Releasing today in the US, EU, Japan, and Asia for PlayStation 4. Bet you’re all excited to get your hands on this game. So what are you waiting for? Grab your copies here!
SIE Santa Monica Studio & Sony Interactive Entertainment makes a perfect combination for doing the eighth installment in the God of War franchise so well. In fact, the creative director of Santa Monica Studio, Cory Barlog, went emotional as he expressed his overflowing gratitude for his team as seen on a post in the PlayStation Blog.
And this is what he had to say:
God of War is GOLD, baby!!!
Going gold is an important milestone for a game. In fact, it is one of the ‘big two’ really. You have getting ‘greenlit’, which kicks off the real development of your title, and ‘going gold’ as the two most important milestones in a game’s development cycle. The latter is the rite of passage that lets the team — and, more importantly, the world — know that the game’s development is pretty much complete. All that remains is the manufacturing and shipping part of the process.
Going gold means so much more to me with this game. It has been a long and exhausting journey filled with laughs, arguments, and a healthy dose of fear – with a side of doubt. This was the scariest, most wonderful thing I have ever done and I can honestly say it would never have been possible without the full-throated support of Sony and the tireless work of the incredible team at Santa Monica Studio. We have been through a lot together and I would not change a thing. You are the best damn team a director could ever hope for and I am thankful beyond words for every ounce of passion and pride you put into this game.
Because this story is about fathers and sons, I wanted to thank my father, James Barlog, a source of inspiration and a great writer, who instilled within me the drive to create and the fortitude to survive the difficulties that come with that vocation.
April 20 is fast approaching and I speak for the entire team here when I say we truly cannot wait for all of you to get your hands on this game.
Thank you to everyone for your support of an industry that allows me to prolong my childhood indefinitely and make a living telling people stories.
— Cory Barlog
An Impossible Technical Goal: No camera cuts in the game
Another impeccable achievement of God of war lead by the teams’ Director of Photography, Dori Arazi. Arazi set an impossible technical goal for the team to fulfill, and it is: no camera cuts in the game. According to Arazi, at first, he thought it is so impossible to achieve such goal. The scripts, the production and everything that go into the game were overwhelming. But once he gets into action, he suddenly realized that it is possible. It’s just extremely challenging.
God of war development teams’ journey and the games’ story was shown off in a single camera shot through the short video below.
Watching this video will just give you all the amusement and excitement to play this game. It seems like everything is perfectly done. Kudos to the amazing development team of God of War!
Well, looks like they’re just now waiting for you to grab your copies dear gamers. Get yours now!
For more information about the game, you can refer to the below details:
- A New Beginning – His vengeance against the gods of Olympus far behind him, Kratos now lives as a man in the lands of Norse Gods and monsters. It is in this harsh, unforgiving world that he must fight to survive… and teach his son to do the same
- Second Chances – As mentor and protector to a son determined to earn his respect, Kratos is faced with an unexpected opportunity to master the rage that has long defined him. Questioning the dark lineage he’s passed on to his son, he hopes to make amends for the shortcomings of his past
- Midgard and Beyond – Set within the untamed forests, mountains, and realms of Norse lore, God of War features a distinctly new setting with its own pantheon of creatures, monsters, and gods
- Vicious, Physical Combat – With an intimate, over-the-shoulder free camera that brings the action closer than ever, combat in God of War is up close, frenetic, and unflinching. Kratos’ axe —powerful, magic and multi-faceted – is a brutal weapon as well as a versatile tool for exploration
【SEE RELATED ARTICLES】
- Kratos in the Norse World – God of War
- Kratos, it’s time to bloodbath Asgard with God of War for PS4!
Wait up, folks! Don’t you want to sign up for our newsletter first and be informed of our exclusive deals and upcoming sales? See for yourself all the great deals we can offer and hit that button below!