Everything You Need To Know About Utawarerumono Zan (Pre-order Now Open)
PlayStation 4™ – Japan
- Utawarerumono Zan is a PlayStation 4 exclusive.
- The first action game in the Utawarerumono franchise.
- The game will have 4 player co-op play.
- A Limited Edition of the game is now open for pre-order.
Last March, Aquaplus announced the latest installment in the Utawarerumono series through Weekly Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation. This game is titled Utawarerumono Zan. The latter word Zan means Slash. So this is going to be their first action game in the long-running series.
The Japanese gaming magazines had their interviews with the Aquaplus President and Producer of Utawarerumono Zan. According to them, this game will have new and improved graphics and tons of playable characters. Also, they are working on a new touch of the game’s background music. If before, Utawarerumono series had a movie-like soundtrack, Zan’s music will feel more like an action game.
This is Utawarerumono‘s producer Naoya Shimokawa exact words in the magazine interviews:
This game will have new graphics and a lot of playable characters. The team is trying to add as many characters as possible. They are also producing the BGM in a different way from before; if past Utawarerumono games had a movie-like soundtrack, Zan‘s music will feel more like belonging to a game as the rhythm should fit an action game better. Players will be able to enjoy the story of this game in the same way they’re watching a TV anime show.
Following its reveal, Aquaplus finally published the first trailer of the upcoming game. Let’s us now see how this game plays like. You can watch the video below.
From the trailer, we can see that Utawarerumono Zan is going to be a hack-and-slash game. It has also been unveiled that the game is being co-developed by Tamsoft who is known for having good hands with hack-and-slash games. They have developed games like Senran Kagura and Gintama Rumble. Well, one thing is for sure now, Utawarerumono Zan is going to be a huge evolution for the franchise.
Utawarerumono Zan will launch exclusively for PlayStation 4 on September 27 in Japan. Pre-order is now open here at Play-Asia.com. Grab your copies now.
You can enjoy the artworks and features of the game below.
- The game’s 3D graphics are completely new, and you will be able to play as many characters. As many playable characters as possible will appear.
- You will be able to experience the story with the feeling of watching a television anime even if you did not play the main story.
- The goal is to create 3D character models that move with the same ambiance as the illustrations.
- The music is being made with the concept of exhilaration. The melody uses original music but emphasizes rhythm as to experience the good feeling action. Previously, they did movie-like background music, but now they’re doing more game-like background music.
- There will be newly recorded voice-overs.
A Limited Edition of the game will be available too. This includes three collectible items that you will surely love. Pre-order for this Edition is now open for pre-order here on our website. Check out all the cool stuff it comes with and pre-order yours now.
What’s in the Box?
- PS4 Game: Utawarerumono Zan
- Original Soundtrack
- Special Visual Book
- Special Acrylic Character Plate
Want to know more about our exclusive deals and upcoming sales? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know all the great deals we can offer!