Everything You Need To Know About Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country
Nintendo™ Switch – Japan & US
- New story DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
- It will be released as part of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pack on September 14.
- A standalone release will also be available on September 21.
- Now open for pre-orders here at Play-Asia.com
The saga continues…
During the press conference of Nintendo at E3 this year, the company announced some details about the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 new story expansion, Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country (Japanese: ゼノブレイド２ 黄金の国イーラ, Zenobureido Tsū Ōgon no kuni Īra).
The announcement was accompanied by a trailer that showed characters going across the stunning landscape the series is known for. It also gives highlights to the new Blades, the Battle Challenge Mode, and the story.
Furthermore, Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country centers on the game’s antagonist, Jin. And more importantly, it revolves around the history of his birthplace, Torna. Torna has been around hundreds of years before the story of the main game occurs.
To be more specific, this new expansion is set 500 years before the main game. So, if you play Torna – The Golden Country first, it’s possible that you’ll be seeing the main game differently. But at the same time, it’s a great entry point to Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Torna – The Golden Country is the final listed expansion on the game’s website, but this doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s going to be the last update.
IS THIS A DLC OR STAND ALONE PACKAGE?
A lot of misunderstanding and confusion arise when this expansion have been revealed. So for everyone’s knowledge, if you own the expansion pass, you’ll be receiving Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country. It will be released for Nintendo Switch on September 14.
On the other hand, Nintendo confirmed that a retail version for this expansion is also happening. However, the main game is not included, and it will only come with the download code for the Expansion Pass. This standalone retail version is slated for a September 21 launch.
And if you’re wondering whether you can play this expansion (retail version) even if without the main game, here’s the answer from a Twitter user, Adam. Thanks, man.
I got clarification from Nintendo on the physical version of Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna~ The Golden Country. This may have been confirmed elsewhere too but reconfirmation doesn't hurt.
-The story expansion itself is on a physical cart.
-It can be played without the main game.
— Adam (@King_Seda) August 7, 2018
BUT OF COURSE…
Nintendo also made a clarification about this confusion. The company released an infographic clarifying how Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country can be purchased. Well hopefully, this will end everyone’s confusion. See the infographic below.
Looking where to buy the Retail version of this expansion? Get it here at Play-Asia.com. Japan and US Versions are now open for pre-orders. Reserve your copies now!
The latest trailer for the game was released by Nintendo at the end of July. This video previews the venture that awaits you back in time when the Kingdom has fallen 500 years prior to the modern events of Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
You can watch the video below.
Guide a group of legendary warriors on a journey through the tragic history that doomed a kingdom and drove a hero down a dark path 500 years before the events of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game. Defend yourself from Malos and his forces using all the fury of this refined battle system, allowing you to fight as both the artificial lifeforms known as Blades and their masters, the Drivers.
European gamers, Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country will also be available in you region. However, it is still not open for pre-orders. So, stay tuned.
You can watch the first trailer released for the game below. One is with English subs and one is without.
- Story set 500 years before Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – The story of Torna – The Golden Country covers not only the pasts of key characters from the main game like Jin, Mythra, Malos, and Praetor Amalthus, but will also spotlight characters like Lora and Addam, who factor heavily into the lore of Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
- New adventures on a new map – The Tornan Titan will be added as a new field map in Torna – The Golden Country. A lot of other RPGs set their additional story sections on existing maps, but Torna – The Golden Country’s maps will be entirely new. And in addition to the field map, we’ll add the capital city of Torna as a new town map. Given that these events take place 500 years ago, the playable areas in Torna – The Golden Country will be limited to Torna and the surrounding areas.
- Reworked battle system – Torna – The Golden Country is set in an era of history before Drivers and Blades had learned to co-operate seamlessly during battle, and so there will be a new battle system used in this expansion. The refined battle system will still be based on the one seen in the main game.
- New music added – New songs have also been added to Torna – The Golden Country. They were composed by Mitsuda-san and some others who were involved with the main game. The feel of the new music is a bit more grown up, in keeping with the more grown up tone of Torna – The Golden Country overall. They’re played mostly on acoustic instruments, and have a real groove to them.
-via Monolith Soft
Want to know more about our exclusive deals and upcoming sales? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know all the great deals we can offer!