WATCH: Utawarerumono Zan New Four-Minute Trailer | Pre-order Now
PlayStation 4™ – Japan
We’re less than a month from the release of Utawarerumono Zan, the first action game in the long-running Utawarerumono series. And to get the excitement rolling, the publisher of the game, Aquaplus, shared a new four-minute trailer, that is being developed by Tamsoft. The video showed off quite a lot of fresh details that we can expect from the upcoming game.
In the video, the story sequences from Mask of Deception are shown, which serve as a hint that the game’s narrative will concentrate on re-enacting episodes from the existing games. Furthermore, the video showed some footage of Kuon, Ukon, Nekone, and Jachtwalt in action. Plus, we get to see that Oshutoru and Munechika have been announced as DLC characters.
There’s also an online mode which was previously announced for having up to four players. A new instrumental remix of the anime Utawarerumono: The False Faces opening theme “Fuantei na Kami-sama” by Suara was also featured.
You can watch the new four-minute trailer for the game below.
Utawarerumono Zan will have new and improved graphics and tons of playable characters. Also, Aquaplus is working on a new touch of the game’s background music. If before, Utawarerumono series had a movie-like soundtrack, Zan’s music will feel more like an action game.
This game will have new graphics and a lot of playable characters. The team is trying to add as many characters as possible. They are also producing the BGM in a different way from before; if past Utawarerumono games had a movie-like soundtrack, Zan‘s music will feel more like belonging to a game as the rhythm should fit an action game better. Players will be able to enjoy the story of this game in the same way they’re watching a TV anime show.
Utawarerumono Zan will launch exclusively for PlayStation 4 on September 27 in Japan. Pre-order is now open here at Play-Asia.com. Grab your copies now.
For more information about the game, you can refer to the details below.
- The game’s 3D graphics are completely new, and you will be able to play as many characters. As many playable characters as possible will appear.
- You will be able to experience the story with the feeling of watching a television anime even if you did not play the main story.
- The goal is to create 3D character models that move with the same ambiance as the illustrations.
- The music is being made with the concept of exhilaration. The melody uses original music but emphasizes rhythm as to experience the good feeling action. Previously, they did movie-like background music, but now they’re doing more game-like background music.
- There will be newly recorded voice-overs.
Want to know more about our exclusive deals and upcoming sales? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know all the great deals we can offer!