Spider-Man PS4 Version 1.08 Adds New Game Plus, Ultimate Difficulty & More!
PlayStation 4™ – US, EU, Japan & Asia
Marvel’s Spider-Man is now available with its version 1.08 update that actually bundles with version 1.07 as well. This might be the largest and most highly- anticipated update for Spider-Man PS4 so far.
The update comes with a size of more than 4 GB as it brings the much-awaited New Game Plus and Ultimate difficulty. Trophy hunters can now look forward to getting two new Trophies as well, which can be earned by completing both of those aforementioned new features.
Other noteworthy enhancements include the ability to rotate layers in the game’s Photo Mode. In addition, there will be new frames and stickers, along with a new shortcut for the Photo Mode. Players can now easily trigger Photo Mode via the left directional button.
Furthermore, this update also includes support for the exclusive’s first DLC of the game, The Heist, which is coming out next week.
And there’s more! Let’s take a look at these improvements one by one via the official patch notes by Insomniac Games:
- Fixes and Updates
- Addressed additional issues.
- New Features
- Added support for “The City That Never Sleeps – The Heist” story pack.
- Added New Game Plus.
- Added Ultimate difficulty.
- Added the ability to rotate layers in Photo Mode.
- Added new frames and stickers to Photo Mode.
- Added a shortcut option to trigger Photo Mode via the left button.
- Fixes and Updates
- Tuned Friendly combat difficulty based on player feedback.
- Added a max health cap of 250 and normalized players.
- Added a potential solution for a crash related to graphical artifacting.
- Addressed an issue where players could respawn inside a building in the Financial District.
- Addressed an issue where animation during cinematics could break due to hard drive streaming.
- Addressed an issue where pedestrians would disappear for a frame in the distance.
- Addressed an issue where combat music would persist in the open world after completing a Sable Base.
- Addressed various additional issues.
Spider-Man is available for PlayStation 4. Haven’t got a copy of the game yet? Grab yours here at Playasia.com.
Let’s check out the gaming community how they react with this new update for Spider-Man.
I can’t believe you guys did this 😂😂😂
— Vato_Hypster (@Rodriguez5450) October 19, 2018
They did a good job with the game. It's my third platinum. I could have done without all of the time trial stuff, though.
— Aaron (@aarontdawson) October 19, 2018
it's pretty, and it's cool… but it's way too short. I beat it in a day. only to have MORE STORY come out a couple of weeks later…
they should have pushed the date back and released the DLC with the game for free. campaign way too short.
— ☆ luCΔs—Lee ☆ WAVE (@noTime_ToneZ) October 19, 2018
Well you obviously took a bit of time. I just replayed the game again like two days ago and honestly it’s not that hard to get to the end of the game with a few dedicated hours a day. Still feels like the game could have been longer
— Noob Kaibot (@kingkai5) October 19, 2018
Love the new boss you guys added to the game! pic.twitter.com/yTZVrJPUoc
— The Happenin' One (@Mylesafari) October 19, 2018
OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS PERFECT
— Ryan McCaffrey (@DMC_Ryan) October 19, 2018
What’s your stand about this? Let us know in the comment section below.
For more information about the game, you can refer to the details below.
- Be Spider-Man – After eight years behind the mask, Peter Parker is a crime-fighting master. Feel the full power of a more experienced Spider-Man with improvisational combat, dynamic acrobatics, fluid urban traversal, and environmental interactions. A rookie no longer, this is the most masterful Spider-Man you’ve ever played
- Worlds Collide – The worlds of Peter Parker and Spider-Man collide in an original action-packed story. In this new Spider-Man universe, iconic characters from Peter and Spider-Man’s lives have been reimagined, placing familiar characters in unique roles
- Marvel’s New York is Your Playground – The Big Apple comes to life as Insomniac’s most expansive and interactive world yet. Swing through vibrant neighborhoods and catch breathtaking views of iconic Marvel and Manhattan landmarks. Use the environment to defeat villains with epic takedowns in true blockbuster action
Want to know more about our exclusive deals and upcoming sales? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know all the great deals we can offer!