Ryu ga Gotoku 4 Densetsu wo Tsugumono Remaster: Coming to PS4 Console this January
Ryu ga Gotoku 4 Densetsu wo Tsugumono Remaster
PlayStation 4™ – JAPAN & ASIA
Sega‘s long-running Yakuza series will get a remastered version for PlayStation 4. Last May 2018 issue of Weekly Famitsu (Thanks, Gematsu!), Sega has reported that Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 will get the remastered versions for PlayStation 4 in Japan.
After Ryu ga Gotoku 3 Remaster or Yakuza 3 Remaster released in Japan last August 9th, the fourth installment to the Yakuza series is now getting its remastered as Ryu ga Gotoku 4 Densetsu wo Tsugumono Remaster (龍が如く4 伝説を継ぐもの) or Yakuza 4 Remastered is releasing January 17th in Japan and in Asia with Chinese subtitles. Ryu ga Gotoku 4 Densetsu wo Tsugumono Remaster is action-adventure video game developed by Ryu ga Gotoku Studios and published by Sega. First, it was released for the PlayStation 3 console on March 18, 2010. Followed by the Western localizations for the same console in March 2011.
The game is set one year after the events of Yakuza 3. Like most of the action in the Yakuza series, it takes place in Komurocho which resembles the red-light district of Shinjuku. The entertainment district is about to get a blood bath. The main protagonist, the Dragon of Dojima, Kazuma Kiryu along with the three rising dragons, Masayoshi Tanimura, Shun Akiyama, and Taiga Saejima will go to the impossible trials to find their destiny.
Last October 2018 issue of Famitsu, Sega has also announced the changes to the character of Masayoshi Tanimura. It was announced that the voice actor responsible for Masayoshi Tanimura, Hiroki Narimiya, has retired from the entertainment industry. With this, Sega has changed the character model because the character was based on Hiroki Narimiya himself. So, the new voice actor of Masayoshi Tanimura is Toshiki Masuda for the remaster.
See the scanned version of the magazine below via Siliconera.
Are you the successor of the Rising Dragon? If you are, well you better pre-order the Ryu ga Gotoku 4 Densetsu wo Tsugumono Remaster or Yakuza 4 Remaster for PlayStation 4. Here at Playasia, it’s now open for pre-order for both Japan and Chinese Asia version. Click the button below to pre-order yours now!
- It would not be a Yakuza game if you couldn’t still play as Kazuma, but now play as three of the other key characters from the franchise. Each character has different missions and allows the player to explore the city from different viewpoints and engage in the Japanese underworld more than has ever been seen before
- In addition to the bright lights of downtown Tokyo, players can now go into the depths of the intricate underground, explore the backstreets of the city and take in the views from the rooftops of buildings
- Enhanced battle mechanics and a new fighter training system allow players to work on their skills and become the ultimate fighter
- An intricate storyline that incorporates all aspects of Japanese culture including hostess bars, karaoke and city exploration
- Recasts the actor who plays Masayoshi Tanimura, one of the game’s four protagonists. Resulted in a character remodeling, since the original character was modeled after Narimiya. His role is now played by Toshiki Masuda
Why not sign up for our newsletter and
be informed of our exclusive deals and upcoming sales first? Click the button below!