EA’s Battlefield V Kicks Off 2019 with A Big New Patch – See Details Here
PS4™, XONE™ & PC – EU, US, ASIA & JAPAN
EA’s first-person World War II shooter, Battlefield V, kicks off 2019 with a big new patch for the game, as the second Chapter of its Tides of War free expansion, Lightning Strikes is ready for takeoff today, January 15 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Lightning Strikes features new modes, weapons, vehicles and other content to the game.
You can check out below the full schedule per platform on when you can download the update, via Battlefield’s official Twitter account.
⚠️ The #Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update rolls out today! Here’s when you can download it:
PC – 1am PT / 4am ET / 9am UTC / 10am CET
PS4 – 2am PT / 5am ET / 10am UTC / 11am CET
Xbox One – 3am PT / 6am ET / 11am UTC / 12pm CET
— #Battlefield V (@Battlefield) January 15, 2019
The first thing that they have introduced is the Squad Conquest. According to DICE, Squad Conquest “is an intense version of Conquest that enables more tactical gameplay between two teams of 16 players on the Arras, Rotterdam, and Hamada maps.”
Moreover, DICE is adding four new weapons to the game which can be unlocked by players through completing Weekly Challenges that will be made available during the period of Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes.
The four new weapons are listed as follows:
- Zk-383 SMG (Medic class)
- Modele 1944 semi-automatic rifle (Assault class)
- M1922 MMG (Support class)
- Mk. III bolt-action rifle (Recon class)
Aside from that, players can expect for a handful of improvements from Time to Death and Death Experience in the new update. DICE has a bag full of improvements for Battlefield V, from visual updates to audio fixes, the addition of new weapons and vehicles to a new Grand Operation (Battle of Hannut) and more.
In fact, the developer published an eight-page PDF document for the full patch notes of the game which can be viewed on the Battlefield website.
You can check out the trailer for Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes below.
【LIGHTNING STRIKES TRAILER】
Battlefield V is a first-person shooting game that focuses on the events of World War II. It will go back to its roots with a never-before-seen portrayal of World War II. Take the battle with some unexpected but crucial moments of the war.
In case you missed it, you can check out the “This is Battlefield V” trailer of the game below.
【THIS IS BATTLEFIELD V TRAILER】
Battlefield V is available worldwide for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. If you still don’t have a copy of the game yet, better grab yours here at Playasia. Click the button below to get yours!
For more information about the game, you can refer to the details below.
- World War 2 as you’ve never seen it before – Take the fight to unexpected but crucial moments of the war, as Battlefield goes back to where it all began
- 64-Player multiplayer in dynamic all-out war – Lead your Company in all-out multiplayer with new experiences like the massive Grand Operations. Take on classic modes like Conquest or squad up with friends in the cooperative Combined Arms
- The most physical Battlefield yet – Maneuver through the battlefield using a new soldier move set, fortifications, and mobile tools of destruction
- Play untold War Stories – Witness human drama set against global combat in the single player War Stories. Ski down Norwegian mountains as you battle for control of nuclear weapon supply lines or go behind enemy lines in North Africa with a band of misfits sent to create mayhem
- Tides of War – Beginning with the Fall of Europe, then taking you further into WW2, the Tides of War make Battlefield™ V a continuing journey with new fronts and rewards always on the horizon
I've been playing since BFBC and I agree. Brilliant game. I don't care if people call it "Casualfield". It's a stunning game.
— Anthony Fuego🤘 (@Thrasher_Ant) January 14, 2019
Hey Guys thanks for all the work. Have ye fixed the end of games eternal black screen issue?
— flashbangbf5 (@flashbangbf5) January 14, 2019
but hey….NEW CONTENTSSSS AAAAAAAAA
— Jairo Tinga (@TingaRamJairo) January 14, 2019
— Lewis Baker (@Yorkieinthemill) January 14, 2019
Read, huh. I'll wait for a YouTube video like usual. Reading for suckers pic.twitter.com/gn2lTLoB5m
— Kieran (@Pseudo_Kieran) January 14, 2019
COM'ON, BAN THESE HACKERS!!! pic.twitter.com/pLYkIgLJLK
— TheSpudHunter (@TheSpudHunter) January 14, 2019
Finally a new weapon for medic class! Thx!
— Game On (@GamerOn25) January 14, 2019
New weapon for medic class? Sweet pic.twitter.com/kNwzF1x3y5
— Michi (@flyingiceman_ch) January 14, 2019
Read more about the game here.