Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic, & Zavok Joins the Race in Team Sonic Racing!
Team Sonic Racing
PS4™, XONE™ & Switch – US & EU
Sonic fans, are you patiently waiting for the upcoming team-based racing game Team Sonic Racing to land on your consoles? Well, let’s just wait for it until the month of May arrives. For now, let’s enjoy first the new update for the game!
Recently, Sega revealed that a new trio will be joining the fray of Team Sonic Racing. And guess what? It’s time for the villains to shine, as three rascals from the Sonic Hedgehog will form a team to compete in the race. Introducing, Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic, and Zavok, as the Team Eggman!
Sega took Sonic the Hedgehog’s official Twitter account to share the news which you can find below.
The Doctor is in, and this time he’s got friends.
Metal Sonic, Zavok, and Dr. Eggman are joining the roster in Team Sonic Racing! pic.twitter.com/FiE771Eko7
— Sonic the Hedgehog (@sonic_hedgehog) January 15, 2019
Also, you can check out each character’s description below, via Sega.
Eggman [Technique] – Also known as Dr. Ivo Robotnik. He is the main archenemy of Sonic, with a personal goal of achieving world domination.
Metal Sonic [Speed] – One of Eggman’s lethal creations, this cold, violent machine aims to prove that he’s the better hedgehog between him and the Blue Blur.
Zavok [Heavy] – The leader of the Deadly Six, a demon-like being that continues to battle Sonic and friends whenever the opportunity arises.
Fasten your seatbelts Sonic fans and get ready to fuel up your engine for some intense ride! This upcoming game promises fast-paced arcade-style gameplay and features plenty of opportunities to play with your friends.
Team Sonic Racing is racing to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One on the 21st of May this year. Will you be picking up this game? You better be! Reserve your copies now and pre-order here at Playasia.
Enjoy the trailer, game overview, features, and screenshots for the game below.
Team Sonic Racing will feature 15 fan-favorite playable characters, all from the Sonic Universe. Each of these characters possesses one of the following kinds: Speed, Technique, or Power. Compete against your competitors in solo, co-op, and competitive racing modes.
The game will highlight the online and local co-op multiplayer through 4-player split-screen. Race with up to 12 players in various game modes such as Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial, and Team Adventure Mode.
Cooperation and good teamwork are the keys to success! Assist your teammates and knock out your opponents to “unleash your Team Ultimate.” In addition, you’ll encounter 14 offensive and defensive things that will help you throughout the competition.
Furthermore, Team Sonic Racing will feature many vehicle options. Change the look of your vehicle and upgrade its performance through customizations and skins.
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline/online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode
- Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters
- Various Characters and Classes – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power classes