Is Resident Evil 2 (Deluxe Edition) Worth The Money? Find Out Here
Resident Evil 2 (Deluxe Edition)
PS4™ & XONE™ – North America
Capcom‘s remake of Resident Evil 2 is about to unfold in just a few days. Have you pre-ordered the standard edition of the game or the Collector’s Edition yet? Or how about the Deluxe Edition? If you’re still on the fence of what Resident Evil 2 Remake version will you be getting, continue reading this article to discover if buying the Resident Evil 2 (Deluxe Edition) of the game is worth every single cent of your hard earned money.
Resident Evil 2 (Deluxe Edition) includes reversible cover art, which lets you choose between Leon Kennedy or Claire Redfield as the box art cover of your Resident Evil 2 game. Moreover, this edition comes packed with the Deluxe DLC bundle that is consists of five character skins, a handgun, and a Retro Soundtrack Swap, which you can find in the poster below.
Players can dress up Clair in three different costumes. This includes the Elza Walker costume, the military costume, and a noir-inspired costume.
For Leon, players can choose between his Arklay County Sheriff costume and a noir-inspired costume as well.
So Leon gets an Evil Within and a Walking Dead costume, So dapper! That Elza Walker costume is legendary! Damn, I can't wait for this game!
— Suzi (@TheSphereHunter) October 8, 2018
Oh my god YES!!! He looking so snatched with that Sebastian costume 😍
— Tiff… (@zambigurl158) October 8, 2018
I’m shocked we still don’t have an original costume announcement, but we have military Claire, noire and sheriff Leon
— GamesRUs (@OfficialBigA) October 8, 2018
"Noir" Claire and Leon costumes will be my choice, I love these clothes, in the same style of Juli Kidman from The Evil Within.
— Valier (@ValierX) October 8, 2018
THANK YOU CAPCOM!!
— UltraGamerRE (@UltraGamerRE1) October 8, 2018
Pre ordered Resident Evil 2 Deluxe edition. Only 9 days to wait 😃😉 pic.twitter.com/9wT5R3Sd4n
— Mathew (@mathew_1800) January 15, 2019
— Brian (@Protodude) June 12, 2018
When your girl reserves resident evil 2 deluxe edition for you 💙
— Wakanda.BSIsthis (@ayy_eddie) January 5, 2019
Secured my Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition the other week on Steam. I can’t wait to have Leon wear the ‘Noir’ costume 😍 also for an extra £7 you actually get a decent amount of stuff! pic.twitter.com/bYCvdUIjSl
— Nicole 🎮 (@GlassesAreCo0l) January 3, 2019
I don't do pre-orders or fuck around with regular/deluxe editions of games.
Resident Evil 2 remake deluxe edition pre-order allows you to play the game with the original's soundtrack.
I am sad enough that this alone is tempting me to extreme levels.
— Nate Hammond – Unrustable Colourist! (@Natephoenix83) June 24, 2018
The Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition comes with an Eliza Walker costume for Claire. That is AMAZING.
— Mike Rousseau (@Mike_at_Arms) June 28, 2018
So, have you decided if you will be picking up this edition? If you do, you better reserve your copies now here on Playasia. Click the button below to secure your game!
The game set on September 29, 1998. The beloved Raccoon City is plagued by zombies due to the T-virus. This T-virus is a biological weapon secretly developed by Umbrella, a pharmaceutical company. The main protagonist Leon S. Kennedy, a rookie police officer on his first duty and Claire Redfield, a college student looking for her brother Chris make their way to the police station. However, as they enter the police station, they discover most of the police officers are killed. Now, these two must set forth on a journey to flee the zombie outbreak in Raccoon City while rescuing other survivors as well.
Explore in the dark corners of Raccoon City as you battle against the zombies. Solve puzzles to access the area and use items to fight for survival. With the high-definition graphics, we get to see the photorealistic visuals in 4K with the beautiful enhanced lighting up-close. Be terrified with the horrifyingly realistic wet gore of the zombies in your way.
If you want to get the standard version of Resident Evil 2 Remake instead, you can grab yours as well here on our website. Click the button below to make it yours.
For more information about the game, you can check out its trailer, gameplay, features, and screenshots below.
In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan-favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?
- A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience
- A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release
- Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD)
- Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instantly visible damage, making every bullet count
- Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival
- See favorite characters in a whole new light – Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie epidemic
- Step into the rookie shoes of both heroes – Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspective
Read more about the game here.