Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 | At EVO Japan 2019
Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2
PlayStation 4™ – US, Japan & Asia
Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 is the seventeenth installment in the long-running fighting video game Guilty Gear series by Arc System Works. It is also the sequel to the Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- which was released on consoles in May-June 2016. Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 was first announced on January 14, 2017, during the Arc System Works Game Awards in 2016. And this will be one of the featured tournament games at this year’s EVO JAPAN 2019!
The game was first released on March 30, 2017, for Japanese arcades, followed by its release on PS3, PS4, and PC via Steam on May 25, 2017, in Japan, and May 26 in North America and Europe. Meanwhile, the game got its PC port on June 1, 2017.
Players who own the original Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, or PC can have access to Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev 2 via an affordable REV 2 DLC update patch.
What to Expect in the game?
REV 2 contains the same content as with Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator but includes new playable characters, balanced changes and new moves for the entire roster, as well as new Episode story scenes for Jam, Haehyun, Raven and Dizzy. These new features were announced during a stage event during the Arc System Works Fighting Game Awards 2016 by director Daisuke Ishiwatari and battle planner Kazutoshi Sekine.
To summarize, here’s the outlined main content of the Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 arcade edition:
- Baiken and Answer appear as playable characters.
- Balanced adjustments, including new techniques, have been implemented for existing characters.
- New episodes have been added for Jam Kuradoberi, Raven, Kum Haehyun, and Dizzy. (There are episodes for Baiken and Answer, as well.)
- A free-to-play “Tutorial” has been implemented.
Meanwhile, the console version will also include all the above features for the arcade edition. However, it also contains features that are made exclusively for the console version. Check it out below.
- New scenario added to the story mode.
- Major improvements to the online mode.
Sharpen your skills with a diverse cast of 25 fighters and prove your strength as the ultimate fighting master here in Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2!
Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 is one of the main tournament titles that will be headlining in EVO Japan 2019. If you’re not going to make it at Fukuoka, Japan, well then you can play along with Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 here at Playasia! Grab a copy of the game here on our website!
If you missed what’s going to happen in EVO Japan 2019, you can check out our coverage about the biggest e-sports event in the world and pick up everything you need to know about the prestigious tournament. Follow the link in the button below.
Enjoy the trailer, features, and screenshots for the game below!
- Two new characters, Baiken, and Answer enter the battle!
- New stages, moves, and motions are just the beginning of new content to explore!
- Expanded story and arcade modes shed new light on Jam, Kum, Raven, Dizzy, Answer, and Baiken!
- Complete re-balancing of each fighter means that everything old is new again!