Mortal Kombat 11 Banned in Other Countries? We’ve Got You Covered!
Mortal Kombat 11
PS4™, XONE™ & SW – US, EU & ASIA
Last minute changes in a video game like pre-order bonuses, DLC inclusions are already extremely disappointing. But, nothing could beat a game’s cancellation in a specific country just a few days after its official release. And Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment‘s Mortal Kombat 11 is not an exception.
So far, the game has been banned in Indonesia, Ukraine, and Japan. Unfortunately, Mortal Kombat 11 encountered some conflicts with the laws of the said countries quite so bad that it is not even available digitally.
Worry not though, Indonesian, Ukrainian, and Japanese market, because Playasia got you covered! As always, importing is not a bad option. Feel free to grab the game now here on our website! Yes, you can still experience the game’s crushing gameplay and epic battles! Click the button below to get yours.
Indonesia & Ukraine Cancellation Reports
Surprisingly, Warner Brothers have to cancel Mortal Kombat 11 in Indonesia at the very last minute. This news was seen on a Twitter thread when a fan asked why is MK11 not available in the Indonesia PS Store anymore. That’s when we heard the heartbreaking news from Warner Brothers Games Support that MK11 will no longer be available in the Indonesian Market.
You can check it out below.
Mortal Kombat 11 will not be released in the Indonesian market to ensure that we are compliant with local laws within that country. Our decision may be further reviewed at a later date. We appreciate your understanding.
— WBGames Support (@WBGamesSupport) April 17, 2019
As you can see on the statement above by Warner Bros. the game won’t be released due to some local laws concerns in the country. However, a light of hope was seen in the last part of the Tweet as they have said that the decision still might be placed under review at a later date.
Of course, all Indonesians who pre-ordered the game months before the release were very upset about this news. However, the company assured that they would be fully refunded.
In line with this, Warner Bros confirmed that the game will not be releasing in the Ukrainian market due to the same concerns with Indonesia.
We have canceled the release of Mortal Kombat 11 in the Ukrainian market to ensure that we are compliant with local laws within that country. Our decision may be further reviewed based on changes to the laws. We apologize for any disappointment this might have caused.
— WBGames Support (@WBGamesSupport) April 17, 2019
Although the developer and publisher didn’t provide specific information about the game’s cancellation in the aforementioned banned countries, we can say that this is due to the huge amount of blood and violence of the game, which conflicts the laws in the three regions.
Game Overview & What to Expect
After the events of defeating Shinnok in Mortal Kombat X, the corrupted Raiden plans to defend the planet Earth by eliminating the enemies around. However, a mysterious woman named Kronika wants to rebuild the peace of the universe even getting rid of Raiden for tampering the events in the past.
Mortal Kombat 11 brings you the Unreal Engine 3 to experience the new graphics to showcase every eye-popping moment during the battle. With this, the franchise continues to bring the classic cinematic story mode for over 25 years in the making. You can now also give your favorite character new customization with the all-new custom character variation system. Customize your fighters with the various type of Skins, Gear, Special Abilities, Intro and Victory Cinemas. It also features the roster of new and returning Klassic Fighters as they battle and fight for victory.
- All-New Custom Character Variation System – Offers nearly infinite customization options, giving players more control and providing a deeper and more personalized experience than ever before. Players can customize their fighters with a variety of Skins, Gear, Special Abilities, Intro and Victory Cinemas, Taunts and Brutalities that can be earned via gameplay
- All-New Story Mode – Continue the epic saga through a new cinematic story that is more than 25 years in the making. Players will take on the role of a variety of past and present characters in a time-bending new narrative that pits Raiden against Kronika, the Keeper of Time who created existence at the dawn of history
- New & Returning Fan-Favorite Characters – Choose from a roster of fighters with unique abilities and Fatalities, with new characters, such as Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika who can manipulate time, along with fan-favorite characters, including, Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Blade, and Sub-Zero and more
- More Modes, Challenges & Rewards – Packed to the brim with multiple modes, including the Towers of Time, which builds upon NetherRealms’s past games, allowing players to test their skills through various challenges, providing more ways than ever to continue the Mortal Kombat 11 experience
- All-New Krushing Blows & Iconic Fatalities – Showcasing brutal battles like never before with enhanced graphics and animations
Read more about the game here.