Up for Some Metroidvania-style Action Game? Pre-order La-Mulana 2!
PS4™ & SW – Japan
- La-Mulana 2 is coming to PS4 & Nintendo Switch digitally & physically, while for the Xbox One release, it’ll be digital only.
- The game is expected to be released on June 27th in Japan. The worldwide release is yet to be announced.
- Pre-order for the PS4 & Nintendo Switch versions are available for pre-order here at Playasia.
Note: As of the moment, no English language support has been announced for the Japanese version of the game.
Who’s up for some Metroidvania-style action adventure game?!
Active Gaming Media announced that the Metroidvania-style action game La-Mulana 2 is in development for PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Both Nintendo Switch and PS4 versions will be released digitally and physically while the Xbox One version will be a digital release only. Also, the publisher announced that the game is slated for a June 27th release this year on the said platforms. However, that’s only for the Japanese release of the game.
Worry not though English speaking fans, a localized version of the game on consoles is also planned. As of the moment, however, the release date hasn’t been announced.
You can check out the box art of the Nintendo Switch and PS4 versions below.
- Become an adventurer and explore sprawling ancient ruins
- Gather hints to solve the various mysteries of the ruins
- Dive into the action as you fight off tough enemies seeking to impede your progress
- A detailed and beautifully dot-rendered world
- Seven main weapons and over ten sub-weapons
- Over 60 items of various types to help you explore the ruins
- Over 20 apps to install on your trusty adventurer’s tablet, the “Mobile Super X3”
- Includes reference book with over 200 monsters and other characters in the game
La-Mulana 2 features sprawling old ruins, dark mysteries, untold numbers of items, and terrifying foes all combined to shape up a perfect Metroidvania-style “archaeological ruin exploration action game.”
Follow the role of a woman named Lumisa Kosugi who is the daughter of the previous title’s hero. Join Lumisa as she explores the ancient ruins of the world of La-Mulana that is known to be as the cradle of human civilization.
Desperate to discover the cause of the various recent appearances of monsters from the ruins, Lumisa goes to the “other” La-Mulana: the ruins identified as Eg-Lana.
Explore the vast ruins spanning multiple field maps, unravel mysteries and riddles using the stone tablets and messages you encounter along the way, and take out huge monsters known as “Guardians” as you make your move to the darkest pits of the ruins.
You won’t believe the awesome mystery of Eg-Lana awaiting you at the end of your journey…
If you want to get the Japanese version of La-Mulana 2, you can pick the PS4 and Nintendo Switch versions of the game here at Playasia. Click the button below to pre-order yours.
Enjoy the trailer, features, and screenshots for the game below.
- A classic experience: As with its predecessor, La-Mulana 2 will not feature a tutorial or a long-winded sidekick. As a seasoned explorer, it’s up to you to discover the secrets hidden within the ruins and find the truth on your own.
- Explore at your own pace: By deciphering the cryptic text on the monuments scattered throughout the ruins, you will gradually unravel the mystery of the ruins. Which parts of the sprawling underground you tackle, and in what order, is up to you. Sometimes you will need to use changes in backgrounds, mysterious sounds, the strength of enemies, or the sneakiness of traps to detect subtle changes in your surroundings.
- A colossal adventure: We have designed a variety of zones, and have created a mystery deep enough to encompass a gigantic cave system. This is a very large-scale indie title. We predict newcomers to the series will probably be able to clear the game in 20 to 30 hours. Because of the non-linear nature of Eg-Lana, La-Mulana 2 will have plenty of replayability.
- New horrors, new weapons: Plenty of ferocious and terrifying monsters and guardians stand in your way in the depths of this new underground network. Fortunately, you will also have an arsenal of tools and weapons at your disposal to help you on your journey.
- Widescreen support: The first La-Mulana was a remake of a retro-style game that ran in a 4:3 aspect ratio, which made widescreen support impossible. For La-Mulana 2, the various maps and rooms are designed to be 16:9-compatible, making it perfect for widescreen TVs and monitors.