Mary Skelter 2: Nintendo Switch Physical Confirmed | Pre-order now!
Mary Skelter 2
Nintendo™ Switch – JAPAN & ASIA
- This is the Nintendo Switch version which is coming to Japan on August 22. Meanwhile, the Asia Version will arrive this October with Chinese subtitles.
- According to Gematsu, the Switch version will include a touchscreen and HD Rumble support.
- A Limited Edition is also available for pre-order as well.
Compile Heart released the 3D dungeon-crawling RPG Mary Skelter 2 or Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 (神獄塔メアリスケルター2 ) in Japanese title to the PlayStation 4 in 2018.
Then in Dengeki Game Fes 2019, Compile Heart has finally unveiled that Mary Skelter 2 is coming to the Nintendo Switch console this August 22 in Japan. Meanwhile, in the Asia Pacific, this game will arrive on October 2019 with Chinese subtitles available. Meanwhile, the Western release of this game will be only available via digital, however, there’s no official release date as of now. So, are you ready to welcome this 3D dungeon-crawling RPG to the Switch?
Check out the official announcement via Twitter below.
— コンパイルハート (@CompileHeartWeb) March 30, 2019
According to Gematsu, if you purchase the Japanese physical copy, you will receive an illustration card with a download code for “Jailbreak Support Materials.” This is a piece of special equipment and item which might help you throughout the game.
Mary Skelter 2 evolves the elements of Mary Skelter: Nightmares to bring a world full of twists and turns. Join the previous protagonist of Mary Skelter: Nightmares, Jack, who is now a Nightmare. Control him and use his Nightmare to defeat the enemies. However, there’s a maddening cost. The game sets in the impregnable human asylum and you must relive the torturous dungeon to survive. Will you escape the dungeon or will you fall into the grasps of the madness?
Escape the jail in Mary Skelter 2 or Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 for Nintendo Switch. Here at Playasia, this game is now available for pre-order. Click the button below to pre-order your copies right now!
Meanwhile, the Limited Edition of Mary Skelter for Switch is also available for pre-order. What are the inclusions of this edition? Check out below.
- Switch Game: Mary Skelter 2
- Clear Card Set x 9
- Special Booklet (contains Yomoji Otono art materials and special words)
- Original Soundtrack CD (21-song)
- Don’t Go Chasing Nightmares – Each Jail has 3 desires that players will need to fill up to provide bonuses and satisfy the Jail’s mood. However, if the Jail’s mood worsens, players will notice a white mist, signifying that a Nightmare is near and ready to fight. If the Nightmare gets too close, players will enter “Nightmare Hunt” mode, where the Nightmare will chase you through the dungeon in real-time. Nightmares cannot be defeated unless players destroy the core of the dungeon. Otherwise, players will have to stun a Nightmare to escape!
- Jack is a Dull Boy – Jack, the protagonist from Mary Skelter: Nightmares has now turned into Nightmare Jack. He can still help you along the way, but be wary of his heart rate meter! Once his heart rate reaches a certain limit, he will turn into Ripper Jack, causing him to go berserk. When in Ripper Jack mode, Otsuu also risks going into Blood Skelter mode, which will cause her to go berserk too! With the first game, Mary Skelter: Nightmares included, you can play through an alternate world where Jack is the main protagonist
- Go Directly to Jail – Add another degree of difficulty by setting dungeon conditions like “no saves or heals” with the Jail Trial battle system. Successfully completing a Jail Trial provides better item drops and more experience! Want more special bonuses to help you through dungeons? By collecting Jail Pieces, players can add these items to a randomized roulette that can have beneficial results!
- Farm for Blood, Reap The Benefits – Use Blood Crystals to plant Blood Flowers, which can be harvested for additional items. In a dungeon area where Blood Flowers are planted, splash them with Marchen Blood by performing a critical hit on enemies during the battle to get even rarer items!