Play Overwatch at Home or On-the-Go on October 15th on Nintendo Switch!
- Fans of the team-based multiplayer first-person shooter game, Overwatch, have long hoped for a Nintendo Switch version of the game. And after three years, it’s finally happening!
- The new Nintendo Switch version features motion control.
- Overwatch is coming to Nintendo Switch on October 15th and now open for pre-purchase via Nintendo eShop. Go get your Nintendo eShop cards!
After three long years, the fight for the future in Overwatch arrives on Nintendo Switch! Nintendo took the opportunity to announce the Nintendo Switch port of the team-based multiplayer first-person shooter during the latest Nintendo Direct on September 4, Wednesday. What’s even more exciting is that we don’t have to wait longer as Overwatch Legendary Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch next month! Yes, you read that right.
You can play Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based shooter at home or on the go on October 15th. A trailer is shown during the Nintendo Direct and revealed that it will feature motion controls. You can control your characters and their abilities by moving and tilting the Switch in its handheld mode.
BUT, THAT’S NOT ALL…
Nintendo also announced that Overwatch Legendary Edition is now up for pre-order via the Nintendo eShop for US$39.99 and comes packed with exciting additional goodies! Aside from the main Overwatch game, the package also includes a three-month Nintendo Switch Online membership, 5 Legendary Hero Skins, 5 Epic Hero Skins, and 5 Origin Hero Skins — along with a Golden Loot Box.
Choose your hero, gather your team, and contest objectives in exhilarating 6v6 team-based combat when #Overwatch to #NintendoSwitch on 10/15! Pre-purchase on Nintendo #eShop starting today.https://t.co/u4v7DLLBRZ pic.twitter.com/LdvRTTCPva
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) September 4, 2019
So, what are you waiting for?
Check out the trailer, features, overview, and screenshots for the game below.
Overwatch features 31 unique heroes, each bringing their own incredible powers and game-changing ultimate abilities into battle on objective-based maps set across the world. Players can switch heroes mid-match to adapt to the ever-changing situation on the field—but victory will best be achieved when heroes combine their powers and act as a unified team.
- Experience the Extraordinary – Speed up and slow downtime. Rain destruction from above in an experimental, jet-powered armor suit. Stalk your prey as a wraith-like assassin that can appear anywhere, anytime. Unleash powers such as Dragonstrike, Transcendence, Graviton Surge, and so much more. Every hero has a unique set of devastating, game-changing abilities.
- Play Heroes, Not Classes – Every hero has a unique perspective on the battlefield and a story behind how they arrived there. You are a champion of a bygone age wielding his punishing rocket hammer in the service of honor, a robotic monk committed to healing the rifts between man and machine, a genetically engineered gorilla who also happens to be a brilliant scientist, and many, many more.
- Fight for the Future…Together – Teamwork is imperative for survival as you enter the fight with friends and comrades. Careful coordination will prove the difference between victory and defeat as your team combines the formidable powers at your disposal to devastating effect.
- Shift Your Perspective – Just when it seems like your team is destined to go down in defeat, switch heroes on the fly and change the course of the battle. But don’t forget that your opponents can do the same. Master the game within the game as both teams shift strategies and change heroes to try to gain the upper hand.
- The World Is Your Battlefield – Protect the secrets of the mysterious Temple of Anubis in Egypt, safely escort an EMP device through King’s Row in London, and do battle at many other unique locations. Every map has its own distinct feel with unique gameplay and team-based objectives.