Monster Hunter: World Iceborne Expansion NOW OUT! | Grab your HK PSN Cards Here
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
The newest and biggest expansion in Monster Hunter: World is finally out! The Iceborne expansion gives newcomers and old fans alike of the Monster Hunter World game a brand-new world to explore, new content to discover, and new monsters to hunt.
If you’re a newcomer to the series, expect a lot of monster hunting goodness throughout the game! For those who have been taking out terrifying beasts since the game’s initial release, get ready to take your hunting skills to the next level and start exploring the massive world of Iceborne!
The major expansion features a huge amount of new content to discover. In addition to the new challenges, there’s also a series of new upgrades and gadgets to use such as the new grappling hook and modifiers to existing gear. Expect for a suite of new monsters to battle including the brute wyvern, Banbaro, and the new elite monster, Velkana.
Start your new monster-hunting journey on September 6 at 12 midnight EDT — that’s today! If you’re from the West Coast, you should have access to the game now as it has become available on September 5, 9 p.m PDT. Get your Iceborne expansion via the PlayStation Store.
In time with the release of the Iceborne expansion, Capcom is pleased to announce that they will be giving away free content for the Monster Hunter: World Players in preparation of the major expansion’s arrival. A free downloadable Guardian armor will be available for all Monster Hunter: World players, even to those who haven’t purchased the Iceborne expansion.
According to Capcom, “These are must-downloads for anyone looking to make the smoothest transition from Monster Hunter: World to Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, so don’t miss out!”
Get ready for #Iceborne with the Guardian Armor set! 🛡️
— Monster Hunter (@monsterhunter) September 4, 2019
Check out the official features below, via Capcom.
The Guardian armor set features skills that boost your maximum health, increase healing effects, and reduce damage, which are sure to keep you from carting as you hunt your way through the story. Though this set boasts high-rank-level stats and defense, you can equip it from the very beginning of Monster Hunter: World!
・Armor Set: Guardian
- Head: Guardian Helm α
- Chest: Guardian Suit α
- Arms: Guardian Vambraces α
- Torso: Guardian Coil α
- Legs: Guardian Boots α
・Active Skills from Complete Guardian Armor Set
- Recovery Up, Lv. 3: Increases the amount of healing effects by 30%.
- Marathon Runner, Lv. 3: Slows down stamina depletion for actions which continuously drain stamina (such as dashing) by 50%.
- Health Boost, Lv. 3: Increases maximum player health by 50.
- Divine Blessing, Lv. 3: Gives you a chance to decrease damage taken by 50%.
*The above skill descriptions apply to when each skill is at level 3.
But, that’s not all! Capcom still has one more free content for you guys — Early Weapon Upgrade Materials Set. According to the publisher, this item is a must-download especially for the newcomers in the Monster Hunter: World game.
This item packs contains useful materials for forging weapons, as well as an item you can exchange for zenny! The items contained will make it easier to create and upgrade ore-based weapons.
Here’s how to get it:
Update your game to version 10.10, planned to be available from Thursday, September 5, 2019. Once you’ve updated, follow the directions below!
1. Make sure you have progressed far enough in the game to have gotten your first assignment in Astera.
2. Go to your room and talk to the Housekeeper.
3. Select “Claim Add-On & Bonuses”, then “Early Weapon Upgrade Materials Set”.
4. When prompted, select “Yes” to retrieve the content.
Capcom also shared some quick pointers to help you on your Monster Hunter World: Iceborne journey for you to become Iceborne-ready!
Are you ready to take your hunting to the next level? If you are, better grab the biggest expansion of Monster Hunter: World now and embark on an epic journey in Iceborne! Of course, don’t forget to grab your HK PSN digital cards here on our website. Place your orders now and receive the code in no time!
You may also like…
Enjoy the trailer, features, and screenshots for the game below.
- Unleash Your Hunting Spirit! – this game is a brand new expansion for Monster Hunter: World. A new world awaits, with more powerful monsters, and challenging master rank quests!
- Your mission: to investigate an unexplored locale. – The Research Commission ventures out into a new ice-cold region known as the “Hoarfrost Reach.” This new region is completely unexplored, so discovering new monsters and endemic life will be one of the Commission’s most important goals
- New Life – A new locale: Hoarfrost Reach. A variety of new endemic life inhabit this frigid and unexplored region