Risk Of Rain 2 Physical Versions Due Out This November 15 I Pre-order Now!
Risk of Rain 2
PS4™, XONE™, and Switch – EU and US
- Risk of Rain 2 is the sequel to Risk of Rain which was released in 2013.
- The game was first released for PC earlier this year.
- The game’s physical versions are bound to release on November 15. Pre-order is now available here at Playasia.
Risk of Rain 2 is an upcoming third-person shooter, a rogue-like video game developed by Hopoo Games and published by Gearbox Publishing. It is the sequel to Risk of Rain released in 2013 for PC. The first title is a rogue-like platform genre, developed by 2 students. It was initially a student project under the name Hopoo Games, the same publisher of the new version.
The game was released for PC last March and early access for consoles last August. In addition, the official release date of the physical versions for consoles is on November 15. Within a month of its early access release, the game sold more than 1 million units including those who bought the “buy one, get one free” as their promotion for the first few days.
Risk of Rain 2‘s gameplay is largely similar to its predecessor wherein one to four players must progress several different levels while killing enemies. On each level, the goal is to locate a teleporter that is randomly located on the next level. Once activated, the players must defend themselves from an onslaught of aliens, including boss characters until the teleporter is fully active together with some additional difficulty. Some familiar creatures and items from the first title will appear on this version but now in a 3D environment.
The classic multiplayer rogue-like game, Risk of Rain, returns with an extra dimension and more challenging action. No run will ever be the same with randomized stages, enemies, bosses, and items. Play solo or team up with up to four friends to fight your way through hordes of monsters, unlock new loot, and find a way to escape the planet.
With each run, you’ll learn the patterns of your foes, and even the longest odds can be overcome with enough skill. A unique scaling system means both you and your foes limitlessly increase in power over the course of a game–what once was a boss fight will in time become a common enemy.
Myriad survivors, items, enemies, and bosses return to Risk 2, and many new ones are joining the fight. Brand new survivors like the Artificer and MUL-T debut alongside classic survivors such as the Engineer, Huntress, and of course the Commando. With over 75 items to unlock and exploit, each run will keep you cleverly strategizing your way out of sticky situations.
Are you ready for a new and upgraded version of your favorite classic multiplayer rogue-like game? Pre-order is now available here at Playasia, click the button below!
Here below are the game’s trailers, features, and screenshots for you to enjoy:
- Play four-player co-op seamlessly through Steam — no more port forwarding
- Unlock over 75 items over time, keeping each run fresh and full of new challenges
- Theorycraft and exploit endless item and character combos
- Discover lore through the collection of Monster, Item, and Environment Logs
- Play and unlock new and returning survivors, each with their own abilities to master
- Challenge your friends—and the world—in all-new Prismatic Trials, a unique seeded run where everyone can race up a global leaderboard
- Encounter challenging monsters and enormous bosses
- Explore massive, handcrafted 3D levels