Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok – Tons of Information Leaked! True or False?
Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok
- The next entry on Ubisoft’s long-running franchise, Assassin’s Creed, has been uncovered that goes with the rumored title of, Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok.
- Tons of information about the allegedly next game in the series have been leaked such as the game title, release date, gameplay, features, platforms and more. However, rumors have been claimed false according to an analyst from Niko Partners.
- Nonetheless, we still have to wait for Ubisoft’s announcement about the upcoming game’s existence.
Ubisoft‘s Assassin’s Creed video game has been in the gaming industry for more than a decade with the first game being released in 2007 and the latest in 2018 in the name of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Over the past decade, the series generally received positive feedbacks and considered as Ubisoft’s best-selling franchise. But, that’s not all. It is also considered as one of the highest-selling video games of all time.
Aside from that, Assassin’s Creed is also known as a franchise that has been the mainstay subject for countless leaks in the past few years since its first release. That being said, an anonymous user on 4chan had spilled the beans on the allegedly next installment in Ubisoft’s long-running franchise. Surprisingly, tons of information has been leaked such as the game’s title, release date, setting, theme, and gameplay.
Although, we also have to keep in mind that Ubisoft has no official announcement yet if these details are true. As per the anonymous source, the game will be officially announced in February at the upcoming PlayStation event. So, let’s keep an eye on it.
But, if you’re a faithful follower of the series, you’ll know that this is not the first time that a leak for the next Assassin’s Creed game has been uncovered. If you can still recall, in 2019, Kotaku reported that an unusual teaser in Ubisoft’s The Division 2 accidentally (or not) unhitched Assassin’s Creed next entry.
According to the report, the posters that can be found in the game’s Potomac Event Center reveals a Norse God or Viking holding an Apple of Eden adorned with a Valhalla text. Obviously, this poster strongly suggests an Assassin’s Creed hint as the Apple of Eden is one of the most valuable items in the Assassin’s Creed universe that have been in the series throughout the decade. You can check out the poster below, courtesy of Kotaku.
So, if you’re keen enough to have a peek at the rumored next Assassin’s Creed game details, continue reading below.
Game Title: Assasin’s Creed Ragnarok (codenamed Kingdom)
Release Date: September 29, 2020
Platforms: PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X
No. of Players: Up to 4 player drop-in drop-out co-op similar to Ghost Recon Wildlands
Protagonist: Jora (can be chosen as a male or female)
Gameplay & Features
The anonymous source has a pretty huge amount of information with him/her that he/she generously shared with the public. Now, talking about the game’s features and gameplay, you can check it out in the list below straight from the source.
– Jora led a small band of 4 during their adventures which is why other players can drop in and out for co-op.
– Continues heavy RPG mechanics now including different classes and mild skill tree changes based on class. Player class can be changed by a specific character.
– Combat is upgraded with more weapon types and special abilities for every weapon grouping.
– Each weapon can have runes added, be upgraded, and durability increased.
– Weapon durability does now come into play, forcing players to use their weapon pool more effectively and forced to manage a smaller inventory that can be upgraded
– Replacing adrenaline is a berserker mode that also activates special runes like fire, frost, or lightning damage.
– Sailing returns is less combat-intensive and more focused on exploration and travel including being able to navigate tight rivers and wetlands
– Parkour is upgraded with tree climbing and new animations
– The hidden blade is back and is far more customizable in terms of cosmetics. Can be upgraded to kill in one stab
– Stealth is upgraded by having physical stealth skills such as hiding in mud, snow, crouching in bushes, hiding in bales of hay, etc.
– Players can now also hide in crowds of civilians if their outfit/ armor is appropriate otherwise it can attract attention.- Players now have a reputation system based on quests completed for people in cities, the town officials, clothing worn, crimes committed, etc. Some quests and story missions can only be completed after reaching a certain reputation with kingdoms.
– Conquest battles return to help capture some settlements from templars and players can approach them in a variety of ways.
– Players can also find battles between warring kingdoms occurring dynamically throughout the world.
– Multiple settlements throughout the world can be captured and controlled for trade and currency gains
– Players can organize large scale raids of forts and cities with nearby Viking camps, wait for their own raids, or go in by themselves.
– The assassins are believed to have a connection to Odin and dub their raven drone as Odin sight.
– Difficulty returns but focuses more on parry times, player health, and enemy reaction times rather than enemy health
– Leveling is overhauled to allow players to improve skillsets to gain experience, like in Skyrim. As a result, level locking regions and content is gone.
– Some skills are unlocked by reaching a high enough skillset level, some must be bought with skill points, and others are unlocked through game/ story progression.
– The map is massive. Like all of northern Europe. My source mentioned big cities being York, London, Paris, and Kyiv. Every kingdom was meant to be really unique.
According to the leaks, Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok will bring us in the Viking era that will start around 845 CE during the siege of Paris where you play as Jora’s father, Rorik. The next scene will take place during 963 CE where you play as the teenage Jora. You can check out the complete list of the leaks here.
A recent post at ResetEra by an analyst from Niko Partners, Daniel Ahmad, who has a lot of connections in the industry has stated that Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok is not the next entry in the Assasin’s Creed franchise. Although the analyst confirms that yes, some of the leaked details are right, but in general, all of it is not true.
You can check out his exact words below in ResetEra.
For what it’s worth. All of the new AC leaks so far have been incorrect. It’s not even called Ragnarok. Sure. Some of the details are right. Like improved combat or whatever. But in general they’re not that accurate.
So, if these details for Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok are sooner revealed to be true by Ubisoft, will you be picking up this game? Judging from the leaks, what can you say about the game? Or do you believe that all of these details are false? Let us know in the comments below.
Assassin’s Creed Related Games That You May Like
|BUY NOW||BUY NOW|
|BUY NOW||BUY NOW|