Animal Crossing: New Horizons Nintendo Direct Features An In- Depth Look at Nook Inc.’s Deserted Island Getaway Package And More!
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Nintendo™ Switch – US, EU, AU & JAPAN
Last night, Nintendo’s most awaited Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Direct was launched. The video released a lot of exciting details that will give viewers an in-depth look at the new features of the series, a detailed breakdown of Nook Inc.’s Getaway package Experience and some features and updates to further your island enjoyment.
Watch the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct below!
The video above provides a lot of information that introduces the loyal and upcoming fans of the series to the new game, as the new installment in the Animal Crossing launches next month. The broadcast explained various aspects of the game including island life, island tours and some Nook services like Nook Miles and Nook link.
For a more detailed breakdown of the less than 28- minute Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct, take a look below!
New Features to the series!
- Life on the Island: Nook Inc. confidently recommends a trip to a remote deserted island. And that’s not just because it’s the only company that offers this type of package! On the island, life is as peaceful and relaxing as it gets. You can create your new life from the very beginning – just like a pioneer!
- DIY: By collecting specific materials around the island, you can craft a wide variety of things, including tools and furniture. DIY workshops teach you how to enrich your life by crafting DIY recipes. As you become more familiar with DIY, you can even learn special skills like changing the color of your DIY furniture or decorating them with custom designs.
- NookPhone: Nook Inc. will provide some basic necessities and services, including your very own NookPhone. It has standard apps, like a camera and map, but over time, new applications will be added to support your island needs.
- Nook Miles: For players looking for more concrete goals, and to help offer guidance and inspiration on the island, you can take advantage of the Nook Mileage program. As you fulfill certain challenges and experiences, you will earn miles to pay off the cost of the getaway package or, eventually, to exchange for in-game rewards.
- Island Tours: These “mystery island tours” are at the whim of the pilot, so you never know where you will end up! Once on these smaller islands, feel free to gather as many items as you want – like DIY materials and creatures – and take them back with you to your island.
- Party Play: With the Nook Inc. Deserted Island Getaway package, up to eight people can live on one island.* In Party Play, you can call up to three other players to explore the island at the same time. Whoever calls the others will be the Leader, making the others the Followers.
- Land Development: While you can cross rivers on your island by pole-vaulting and climb elevated land using ladders, you can also change the landscape by adding bridges and slopes. Once your island is fully decked out, you’ll receive a permit to freely pave your own paths, as well as perform major construction like changing the paths of rivers or building and demolishing cliffs.
- NookLink: With NookLink, which is part of the Nintendo Switch Online app, you can scan a Custom Design QR Code pattern from previous games Animal Crossing: New Leaf or Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer with your real-life smartphone and then download them to Animal Crossing: New Horizons. When connected online, you can talk with friends who also have the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game with the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app using your smartphone as a keyboard or for voice chat.
A detailed breakdown of the Getaway Package experience!
- Choose Your Island: Before boarding your flight to the island, you will choose the island from a range of options. Choosing to live in the Northern or Southern Hemisphere, for example, will affect the timing of the seasons, so select the location that suits you best. When the seasons change on the island, so do the activities.
- Orientation: After landing on the island, you will receive a helpful orientation session from the Nook Inc. staff. At this time, you’ll be provided with the tent that’s included with your getaway package. You can chat with other island residents about where you want to set up your new home, and help them choose their home locations as well.
- Resident Services: The Resident Services facility is available to support your daily needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They provide you with services such as the sale of everyday goods, the purchase of unwanted items and helpful advice.
- Become a Home Owner: The tent provided to you by Nook Inc. is great, but have you considered a house? Home loans have no deadlines, interest or assessment, and you can pay your loan back at your own pace. A house offers much more space than a tent and also includes storage space for any extra furniture and baggage. Once you own a home, you can channel your inner interior designer, setting up the walls, flooring and furniture however you like.
- Customization Deluxe: Animal Crossing: New Horizons offers more customization options than ever before, from personalizing the look of your character all the way down to skin tone, hairstyle and clothing, to placing buildings and items wherever you want on the island. You can even decorate the inside and outside of your home! Turn that island into a MY land!
- Airport: This is the first place you will land on the island. (It is an airport, after all.) It’s also available to use 24 hours a day, beginning on the day after your arrival. At the airport, you can invite residents of other islands to your own island via the internet or local wireless. You can also travel and visit other islands yourself!
- Island-wide Broadcasts: At the start of each day, Mr. Nook, CEO of Nook Inc., will make a broadcast to all residents, updating them with the latest on important island events and advice about how to best enjoy island living.
Features and updates to further your island enjoyment!
- New Residents: When you first land on the island you will only have a few animal residents living there with you. But as you develop your island from the ground up, more neighbors will visit and choose to move in. You can even invite some of the new residents to live there yourself! There’s nothing better than a welcoming neighbor.
- Free Updates: Free updates will be added after the game launches, with seasonal events continually added throughout the year. The first free update will be on launch day, March 20. By installing this update, you can celebrate Bunny Day with a special event in April. If you own both Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp for mobile devices and Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you’ll receive special items in each game. Details will be announced at a later date on the official Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Twitter account.
- Additional Facilities: As you grow your island, more facilities will be built. This includes a museum showcasing the rich ecosystem of the island, a shop full of ready-made furniture and goods you can’t craft yourself, a tailor offering clothing and fashion items, and a campsite where you can invite guests for recreational purposes.
- Tourists & Events: Your island will not only be home to new residents, but also tourists as well! These temporary visitors are always welcome and can offer up items that cannot be crafted on the island. Visitors can also participate in fun events like Fishing Tourneys and Bug-Offs, which will pop up throughout the year. Through free updates to Animal Crossing: New Horizons, new special events and seasonal guests will be introduced.
- amiibo Support: Animal Crossing: New Horizons supports amiibo figures and amiibo cards from the Animal Crossing series. You can also invite these familiar faces to Photopia, an island that exists in the game, where you can place models in creative photo shoots.
- Twitter Takeover: Keep an eye out for social media savvy Tom Nook, who is rumored to take over the @AnimalCrossing Twitter account right after today’s video presentation.
I am sure most of your questions about the game were answered. Are you ready for the most anticipated Island Getaway next month on the Nintendo Switch? Well, make sure to pre-order your copy now before March 20, 2020.
LOOKING WHERE TO PRE-ORDER?
Grab a copy here at Playasia! Animal Crossing: New Horizons is coming out on March 20, 2020. Secure yours now.
Animal Crossing Amiibo Figures, Cards and Plushies!
Get these cute and adorable Animal Crossing collectibles here at Playasia.
|AMIIBO FIGURES||AMIIBO CARDS||PLUSHIES|
|SHOP NOW!||SHOP NOW!||SHOP NOW!|
STAY UPDATED, YES, YES!
|READ HERE||READ HERE||READ HERE|
What to Expect?
The game brings you on a deserted island with a bucket full of new features that await you in your new adventure. From building, designing your house from scratch, crafting tools, taking pictures with your Nook Phone and so much more. Yes, you will now own a mobile phone!
But, of course, our mortgage guy, Tom Nook, still plays a big role in the game. In the trailer revealed at E3, Tom Nook was shown charging the player a sum of over 49,000 Bells for the taxes, accommodation, airfare, the Nook Phone, and more. Ah, Nook never changed.
Furthermore, one of the many new elements of Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the pole vaulting. And it looks like it is the easiest way for you to get over a river without a bridge nearby.
Moreover, your mobile phone in this game will be called NookPhone. It is included in your Deserted Island Getaway Package from Tom Nook of Nook Inc. You can use it to access an in-game Camera, view Nook Miles, DIY Recipes, open the Map, and use the Call Islander option to host another Deserted Island resident via local co-op and help you assist with certain tasks.
Also, the in-game Camera of your NookPhone contains a feature that can be found in real-life phone cameras– filters. Yes, you read that right. You can apply filters on your photos and can even decorate it a little bit more with some facial expressions. Strike a pose!
Continue reading >HERE<
Enjoy the 27-minute New Horizons goodness below, trailer, features, and screenshots.
- Customize your character and home, and decorate the landscape (with furniture, if you like!), as you create your very own island paradise.
- Experience a robust new crafting system—collect materials to construct everything from furniture to tools!
- Enjoy a variety of relaxing activities like gardening, fishing, decorating, interacting with charming NPCs, and more, as classic Animal Crossing experiences come to life in a fun new ways within the deserted-island setting.