DiRT 5 | Car Classes Revealed!
PS4™, XONE™, PS5™ & XSX™ – EU, US & Asia
Codemasters has revealed the car classes or the variety of vehicles that will be available on its upcoming racing game, DiRT 5. Because a good race wouldn’t be complete without the ideal car for you!
More so, here is the full list of the cars together with their description, so you can now keep your eye to the perfect vehicle for your race.
- Built specifically to overcome tough terrain, our Cross Raid class combines speed, strength and durability for some truly awesome trucks. Thi includes the Volkswagen Race Touareg 3 and the Laffite G-Tec X-Road, making its video game debut!
- Huge wheels, mad suspension, a big rollcage, and that’s about it. DIRT 5’s rock bouncer is purpose-built to conquer the most intimidating terrain. Use its traction, acceleration and flat-out stubbornness to beat all obstacles in our most extreme events.
Formula Off Road
- This class houses our monstrous WS Auto Racing Titan – a true off-road beast with huge ridged tyres and incredible power. Ideal for DIRT 5’s Stampede events, the Formula Off Road class is where you go for something capable of traversing just about anything – and fast.
- A staple of DIRT games, the cars in our rally cross class are designed for all-terrain speed and getting sideways as soon as possible. Perfect for our tighter circuits and twisty corners, the likes of the Peugeot 208 WRX can turn on a dime and go from 0-60 almost as quickly.
- Roll back the years with iconic machines that popularised the concept of going fast and flat-out on any possible terrain. From the Fiat 131 Abarth Rally, to the Porsche 924 GTS Rallye, these off-road heroes will remind you that age is but a number with some serious power and performance.
- A golden age of off-road racing, no DIRT game would be complete with some of the most successful off-road cars of the 1980s. We’re combining series favourites such as the Ford RS200, with incredible newcomers like the Porsche 959 Prodrive Rally Raid, for a class that just gets better over time.
- Relive a time when off-road truly went mainstream, and recreate rivalries with the Subaru Impreza S4 and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI. We’re also giving some love to the more pint-sized extreme machines of the 1990s – keep an eye out for those!
- Take today’s powerful and incredibly engineered off-road racers into a completely new world. The likes of the Citroen C3 R5 represent the peak of modern mechanical race-craft, which you’re free to tear around DIRT 5’s unique extreme locations and events – both circuit and point-to-point.
- Even the most refined GT cars built for tarmac can’t help but get DIRTy. The Rally GT class brings you these desirable cars kitted out with off-road specs, including the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT-4, and Porsche 911 R-GT.
- The DIRT 5 class dedicated to our truly incredible sprint car, sporting wheels of all different sizes, huge wings and 900bhp – perfect to rip up dirt oval tracks and get sideways. A unique class for a unique racing experience.
- Think of the best road-going SUVs and all-purpose vehicles. Now think of them draped on off-road kit and suped up for extreme racing. That’s the Pre-Runners class, featuring incredible race-ready versions of the Aston Martin DBX and Cadillac Escalade 2020.
- Trucks. Big trucks. Trucks built for the most demanding off-road events in the world. Trucks that’ll give you the confidence to floor it and power over all the rugged terrain DIRT 5 has to offer. Jump in the Jimco Unlimited Truck, Brenthel Industries Unlimited Truck and more and show the most challenging events who’s really in charge.
- Low on excess weight, high on action, these rockets have power-to-weight ratios that’ll make your eyes water. Have fun taming the Ariel Nomad Tactical, Exomotive Exocet Off-Road, and more. These compact cars are built for all-terrain speed and an all-out assault on the senses.
If you are a huge fan of the franchise, you probably noticed some returning favorites and new ones on the list.
Furthermore, DiRT 5 Producer, Stuart Boyd also shared his excitement as the game launches this October. Check out what he has to say!
“Variety is a massive part of our vision for DIRT 5, and we’ve made sure that this is represented in the game’s car classes and car roster.
“Of course, alongside those new vehicles and classes, we had to bring in some iconic off-road cars that no DIRT game would be complete without. The style, vibe and features of DIRT 5 mean that you can take those legendary cars and race them in a totally new experience. You may’ve been behind the wheel of some of these beasts before – but not in a game like DIRT 5.
“Combine those car classes with our 10 brand new locations, huge slate of event types, and dynamic extreme weather which completely transforms the handling and gameplay feel. The amount of different experiences to drive in just goes off the scale – we can’t wait for you take it all for a spin!”
In case you missed it…
DiRT 5 is an upcoming racing game from publisher Codemasters. In addition, it is the fourteenth game in the Colin McRae Rally series and the eight-game to carry the Dirt title.
According to Codemasters’ blog, the game will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and on the next-generation consoles such as PlayStation 5 and Xbox X Series. Making it the developer’s first game to head to the next-gen consoles.
Read more about the game >HERE<
DIRT 5 is the bold new off-road racing experience created by Codemasters. Blaze a trail across the most iconic routes in the world. Drive the widest roster of cars from rally icons, to trucks, to GT heroes and lots more. Play through a star-studded Career, four-player split-screen, innovative online modes, livery editor and more new features, DIRT 5 is the next generation of extreme racing.
So, are you ready for a one-of-a-kind off-road racing game from one of the best racing video games series? Well, make sure to click the pre-order button below to reserve yours now!
Here below are the game’s trailer and screenshots for you to enjoy:
Join our Playasia Loyalty Program and earn Playasia coins for every purchase. You can also rank up to get even better Loyalty Program perks!