Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin Standard & Limited Editions Now Open For Pre-order!
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
PS4™ & SW – US & Japan
- Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is an upcoming action/simulation game from the talented indie team, Edelweiss.
- The game will launch on PS4 and Nintendo Switch this November.
- The pre-order for the Standard and Limited Editions are now available here at Playasia.
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is an upcoming video game that combines side-scrolling action with deep crafting and farming simulation from developer, Edelweiss. In case you’re not familiar with them, they are the team behind action shoot ’em up 3D video game, Astebreed.
In addition, the game will launch in North America on November 10 and in Japan on November 12. Aside from the Standard Edition, the game’s Japan version will also launch a special Limited Edition, thanks to publisher Marvelous.
And if you are up for the Limited Edition, check out the box inclusions below:
- Game: Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
- Special Illustrated Box
- 140-page Art Book
Meanwhile, publisher XSEED Games will release a special Divine Edition in North America. (Stay tuned for that as we will open it for pre-order here at Playasia soon!)
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is a brand new title from Edelweiss, the talented indie team behind the highly acclaimed title Astebreed. Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin represents a whole new direction for this acclaimed developer, combining side-scrolling action with deep crafting and farming simulation. Players take on the role of Sakuna, a proud yet lonely harvest goddess who is banished to a dangerous island with a group of outcast humans. As she tames the island by defeating demons in gorgeous, mysterious natural settings, she will also find a home in a mountain village, proving herself worthy of her title by harvesting rice and bettering the lives of humans. In addition to serving as a love letter to Japanese mythology, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is an ode to the artistry of cultivating rice, and an engrossing simulation of the craft behind agriculture. –XSEED Games
Looking for the Standard Edition of the game?
We got you! Take the role of Sakuna and explore the beautiful yet forbidding environments of the island in Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin. Pre-order now!
If you are up for the Japanese Limited Edition, you are in the right place! Just click the button below to secure your Limited Edition copy now!
Hence, here below are the game’s trailers, features, and screenshots for you to enjoy:
- Refined Side-scrolling Platform Action – Using farm tools as weapons, chain together quick, heavy, and special attacks to take down demonic beasts, while mastering the magical “divine raiment” will be essential to grapple distant platforms, evade danger, and overcome powerful enemies
- Detailed 3D Simulation-style Gameplay – Learn the ancient art of agriculture by following detailed steps from planting to harvesting to cultivate the perfect crop. As a harvest goddess, Sakuna’s strength grows with each successful rice crop, with attributes such as aesthetic and flavor directly correlating to her combat abilities
- Creating a Home in the Wilderness – Sakuna’s mortal companions make weapons, armor, and meals for her using the materials and ingredients she gathers on her adventures, and completing quests for them will unlock even more options
- A Fresh Take on Japanese Mythology – The heroine is part of a pantheon of gods and demons inspired by traditional Japanese mythology but featuring many unique twists. The story and world are filled with lovingly rendered details, some familiar and some completely original
Thanks, Sakuna of Rice and Ruin!
Join our Playasia Loyalty Program and earn Playasia coins for every purchase. You can also rank up to get even better Loyalty Program perks!