Animal Crossing: New Horizons Free Winter Update Coming on November 19
Nintendo™ Switch – US, EU, AU & JAPAN
Gear up your coats and your fur boots as Nintendo brings the winter update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons on November 19. With the upcoming winter update, it adds the holidays such as Turkey Day and Toy Day. And, finally, the update includes the saved data transfer! Are you ready to welcome the snow in this game?
Watch the trailer below.
For the full features of the upcoming update, check out below from Nintendo.
The following features can all be enjoyed regardless of which hemisphere your Animal Crossing: New Horizons island is located in, beginning November 19:
– On Turkey Day, which will take place this year on November 26, the first-class chef Franklin will arrive and host a gathering in the plaza. You can help Franklin collect ingredients to go in the dishes that will be on display in the plaza. You can even receive a gift from Franklin as a thank you for helping him cook.
– It’s the time of the year when island residents rejoice… The month of Toy Day is nearly at hand! You might notice your island and plaza gradually becoming more festive with holiday-themed decorations over the coming weeks.*** Keep an eye out for decorated trees, too. Shaking these may drop ornaments which will allow you to craft holiday furniture recipes. From December 1 to December 25, you’ll be able to purchase toys from Nook’s Cranny and find holiday-themed clothing at the Able Sisters shop. When it’s officially Toy Day on December 24, Jingle will pay a special visit to your island to spread holiday cheer. If you help him deliver presents, you’ll also receive a gift!
Reactions and Hairstyles
– Nine new Reactions will be available with this update, which can be obtained by redeeming Nook Miles at the Nook Stop terminal located in Resident Services. Six new hairstyle options can also be acquired by redeeming Nook Miles, so get ready to express yourself and let your personality shine!
Home Storage Upgrade
– If you’ve expanded your in-game home to its largest size and paid off your debt, you’ll now be able to apply for a home storage expansion by speaking to Tom Nook at Resident Services. Congrats on achieving the next level of home ownership. This will expand your home storage to 2400 slots. Think of all the items you can now store and access from the comfort of your island home!
Visit Random Islands in Dreams
– Have you enjoyed dozing off and visiting other islands within dreams? Now you’ll be able to choose to visit random islands while dreaming, opening up new vistas of inspiration for your own island customizations.
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Collaboration
– To commemorate Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp’s third anniversary, a Pocket Camp smartphone model will become available in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. To receive this smartphone model, you’ll need to link both the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp app and Animal Crossing: New Horizons to your Nintendo account. For more information, please visit here.
Island and Resident Data Transfers
– Two new features are arriving to offer expanded flexibility for your island and resident data. The whole island transfer feature will enable you to move your user save data, along with the island itself and all the residents, to another system. This service will be facilitated by the free Island Transfer Tool app in Nintendo eShop. For players who are not the island’s Resident Representative, a single-player transfer feature allows you to transfer resident data to another system. This includes your resident’s name, appearance and equipment, along with your inventory, home and storage. Additional details about the benefits and limitations of these new data transfer services can be found here.
Seasonal Items to Celebrate New Year’s Eve
– New seasonal items will be available starting December 1 at Nook Stop. Between December 26 and December 31, there will also be several festive items to commemorate New Year’s Eve. In addition to the update content, you can look forward to a countdown event starting at 7:00 p.m. on December 31. With Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you can meet in-game to ring in the new year with friends, family and your island residents!
BUY THE GAME HERE
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now out. Grab a copy here at Playasia!
If you prefer to get the game digitally, you can grab your Nintendo eShop cards here on our website!
Your Island, Your Life!
From the looks of it, we can see the game’s big jump of its improvements from its fresh visuals to the various features in the game and more! Isabelle and Tom Nook even got new outfits! Yes, yes.
Plus, we also get a glimpse of the town’s clothing shop/tailor shop, Able Sisters, with loads of accessories to style your character. From caps to dresses to glasses to socks and more!
So, sit back, relax, and get a nice preview of your soon-to-be island.
【YOUR ISLAND, YOUR LIFE TRAILER】
Enjoy the 27-minute New Horizons goodness below, trailer, features, and screenshots.
- Customize your character and home, and decorate the landscape (with furniture, if you like!), as you create your very own island paradise.
- Experience a robust new crafting system—collect materials to construct everything from furniture to tools!
- Enjoy a variety of relaxing activities like gardening, fishing, decorating, interacting with charming NPCs, and more, as classic Animal Crossing experiences come to life in a fun new ways within the deserted-island setting.
Join our Playasia Loyalty Program and earn Playasia coins for every purchase. You can also rank up to get even better Loyalty Program perks!