Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak New Detailed Information | Learn More Here
Nintendo™ Switch – US, & EU JAPAN
Capcom has dropped the newest information about the expansion Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak. The details introduce new monsters, a new Switch Skill Swap ability, a new Follower Quest, and detailed information about Elden Dragon Malzeno. So, are you ready to embrace the expansion next month?
Check out the full details below via Capcom.
Known as the “thousand-edged dragon,” the Flying Wyvern Seregios makes a triumphant return in Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak. This incredibly territorial combatant is known for its high-flying maneuvers and incredibly sharp Bladescales coating its body. Hunters caught unaware when Seregios sheds its scales run the risk of receiving the “bleed” status, so they should keep their weapons sharp and their wits sharper. In addition to returning monsters receiving new abilities and behaviors when appearing in Master Rank quests, two new subspecies for monsters introduced in Monster Hunter Rise will be arriving in the expansion. The newly unveiled Aurora Somnacanth releases a constant chilling mist that threatens to freeze anything that gets too close. This adaptation allows it to smoothly glide across ice to strike prey, and exhale a powerful ice breath. Magma Almudron on the other hand, prefers the intense heat of the Lava Caverns, and augments its attacks with molten stone to overwhelm any would-be hunters.
While all of these monsters are more than capable of bringing hunters to their knees, the Elder Dragon Malzeno has the capacity to bring entire kingdoms crumbling down. Malzeno commands a mysterious swarm of parasitic entities that capture and then absorb the energy of their prey. When engaging directly in combat, the Elder Dragon attacks with an elegance and ferocity worthy of its inspiration, the vampire. Once it inflicts its prey with the “bloodblight” status, the two begin a duel to determine whose life force will run out first. Should the hunter fail, Malzeno evolves into an even more terrible form to wreak havoc on their surviving foes.
In order to meet these calamitous forces head-on, hunters who arrive at Elgado Outpost will need to find new ways to approach combat. While Kamura Village is renowned for its unique Wirebug techniques, including Silkbind Attacks and Wyvern Riding, hunters summoned to the Kingdom will learn new Switch Skills and also have the ability to use the new Switch Skill Swap ability. Switch Skill Swap enables hunters to assign Switch Skills to two different loadouts which can be changed on the fly during a hunt. The added flexibility of choosing which skills are best for any situation allows a practiced hunter to overcome almost any obstacle. Hunters who find themselves under attack while performing a Switch Skill Swap can also perform a Swap Evade in any direction to avoid danger, or reposition for a continued assault. Hunters interested in learning more about the new Switch Skills coming to each of the 14 weapon types should head to the official Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak also introduces new ways for players to bond with the game’s charming cast of characters through new Follower Quests. These single player hunts allow players to accept and complete quests with their favorite story characters. Each Follower has their own specialization, and will even assist players by recovering their health, placing traps, and even riding monsters to turn the tide of battle. Members of Elgado Outpost such as Fiorayne, Luchika, Jae, Admiral Galleus, and Master Arlow will be accessible as Followers, in addition to members of Kamura Village such as Hinoa and Minoto. Players will unlock Followers as they progress through the story, and can even earn exclusive rewards for completing Follower Quests.
Monster Hunter Rise injects a brand new take on the series. Team up and save the vast open world of the Kamura Village from the threatening Rampage.
So, step into the hunting ground and get ready for some hunting action! Choose from the various types of weapons and equip your armor. You can then embark on a challenging journey to save the village and defeat precarious foes. Pick up items from the fallen monsters and craft unique weapons and armors out of it. It’s your call to face the journey alone or team up with up to three of your friends in the local or online co-op play.
Continue reading >HERE<
Monster Hunter Rise is now available here at Playasia. So, what are you waiting for? Click the button below to order yours now!
If you want to grab the Steam version, buy our Steam gifts here.
Note: The availability of all items is subject to change without prior notice.
Enjoy the official English & Japanese trailer, features, and screenshots below.
- Rise to New Heights – The debut of the new “Wirebug” mechanic allows for wire-based grappling actions that can be used to scale cliffs and other hard-to-reach areas, providing new traversal and aerial attack options
- New and Returning Monsters – The game will introduce Magnamalo, a menacing new flagship monster, as well as other new monsters like the shape-shifting Aknosom, the amphibious Tetranadon, and more. Hunters can also expect to encounter numerous fan-favorite and returning species from previous Monster Hunter games
- Canyne Companions – New hunting partners called Palamutes can be personalized and used to ride across the terrain, providing players with all-new traveling and attack options. On solo hunts, players can select both a Palamute and Palico to assist them, while multiplayer hunters can bring one or the other into the field
- The Rampage – In addition to the plethora of solo and multiplayer quests, the immersive story mode will task aspiring hunters with discovering the secrets behind the puzzling “Rampage” events that threaten Kamura Village
- Hunting Options – Play solo, or join up to three other hunters in local or online co-op play. The Nintendo Switch system also allows for hunting anywhere, anytime and with anyone!
- Seamless Gameplay – Featuring maps with no loading times, the continuous gameplay ensures that players will remain on their quests as soon as the hunt begins, without transitions between areas
Join our Playasia Loyalty Program and earn Playasia coins for every purchase. Also, you can rank up to get even better Loyalty Program perks!