WHAT’S HOT? Top 5 Games of the Day (Black Friday Sale) Batch 2
Top 5 Games of the Day
What is up, dear game geeks? Have you been enjoying our top picks for the Games, Playasia Exclusives, Toys & Accessories last week that are included in our month-long Black Friday Sale? If you have, well, it’s the time of the week again to refresh your gamer hearts with a brand new batch of great games on a great discount, picks of the day!
Are you ready to browse the second batch of the Top 5 Games of the Day? If yes, then let’s go!
Super Robot Wars X
After over two long decades, the comeback is real for Super Robot Wars! First released in the year 1991, Super Robot Wars made its successful comeback in the gaming world on April 26 of this year for the PS4 and PS Vita as Super Robot Wars X.
Super Robot Wars, or also known as Sūpā Robotto Taisen or スーパーロボット大戦, is a series of tactical RPG developed by Banpresto, which is now a division of the entertainment giant, Bandai Namco Entertainment. The game started out as a spinoff of the Compati Hero Series which has the main feature of having a story that crosses over several popular mecha anime, manga, and video games, allowing characters and mecha from various titles to team up or fight one another.
Super Robot Wars has truly inspired the Japanese animated industry. It actually sparked the interest of gaming fans when it comes to old anime mecha shows. The franchise definitely paved a way for the love of mech in the gaming scene. In fact, Super Robot Wars have been the ultimate inspiration to many anime producers.
And now that Super Robot Wars X is included in our Black Friday Sale, you surely don’t want to miss this modernized classic game on a great discount. So, what are you waiting for? Get your copies now!
Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version!
Last July, Bandai Namco Entertainment dropped the Cult classic arcade rhythm game, Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! It is one of the most highly anticipated music and party game that arrived in Japan for the Nintendo Switch.
If you’re not familiar with this game, Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! (that really has an exclamation point at its game name) lets players jam to the beat of this cult classic arcade rhythm game with the use of your drum with a wide array of new songs to choose from. Call up your friends and take on the challenge to know who has what it takes to be a Taiko Drum Master. So, unleash your best taiko skills and use the motion controls to enjoy Taiko like never before!
Unlock popular characters to help you on your journey to becoming a legendary taiko drummer! Use the interactive features of the Nintendo Switch to connect, share, and play with family and friends.
- Swing the Joy-Cons Like Drumsticks – One feature of Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! is the “Furifuri Performance” control method, where you swing the Joy-Cons like drumsticks to enjoy a Taiko Drum Master experience just like you were at the arcade. The “Don” note is hit with a straight downward swing of the Joy-Cons, while the “Kat” note is hit with a diagonal downward swing. HD Rumble is also supported, allowing you to feel each strike of the drums. Taiko Drum Master: Nintendo Switch Version! also supports TV mode, table mode, and handheld mode, allow you to perform whenever and wherever. Additionally, up to four Switch units can connect and play performances together in local multiplayer
- Performance Characters that Possess Various Performance Skills – Performance characters are one of the new elements in Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! Before starting a performance, you can select a performance character. Each character possesses various performance skills, so be sure to challenge songs that you have never played before
- Master Drumsticks – If you select the Master Drumsticks character, there will be no distinction between “Don” and “Kat” notes allowing you to simply swing the Joy-Cons to match the rhythm
- Lantern Eel – If you select the Lantern Eel character, you can barrage the drums to get a high score
Are you ready to see the diversity of Japanese folklore and mythology? Grab your copies now! Are you ready to swing your joy-cons to the beat of a drum and become a Taiko Drum Master? Get yours now while it’s on sale!
Sturmwind is one of the finest shmups on Dreamcast developed by a German studio, Duranik. It is a stunning mix of pre-rendered video backgrounds, highly detailed sprites, impressive visual effects and a killer soundtrack that was initially released in 2013. However, due to the game’s limited release, the game’s scarcity has surfaced and this was taken advantage by some of the people who sell their Sturmwind game at a high price.
But, that nonsense has changed in the year 2017 as Sturmwind is back, obviously due to popular demand! Watch the trailer below.
Strap into the pilots’ seat, Sturmwind needs you to defend the homeworld! Sturmwind has been receiving a multitude of international press since it’s inception, and rightly so! This title is a love letter to the golden age of shmups, taking the Dreamcast console to new heights utilizing a clever hybrid 2D/3D engine. In relation to the system’s age, Sturmwind looks and feels absolutely amazing. With 16 levels and 7 worlds, 20 giant bosses and over 100 enemies, players can expect one of their best shmup experiences as they search for the “Mother,” the planet of our ancestors!
- 16 stages
- 3 selectable difficulty levels
- Configurable controls
- Adjustable screen position
- Different weapons selectable
- More than 20 large boss enemies
- Hundreds of different enemies
- FMV intro sequence
- Hybrid 2D/3D game engine
- Resolution 640×480
- PAL50, PAL60, NTSC and VGA (with Adapter) compatible
- CDDA Sound
- Works with any MIL-CD compatible Dreamcast
- Supports Joypad, Arcade Stick (Analog/Digital), VMU, and Rumble Pack
- Internet Hi-Score Tables
- Award Trophy System with unlockable content
So, if you still don’t have this in your collection yet, you better grab a copy of this game now while it’s under our Early Black Friday Sale!
Don’t waste your precious time and get the game now! Hit that button below to grab your copies.
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack
Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack brings two electrifying 2D side-scrolling action games, “Azure Striker Gunvolt” and “Azure Striker Gunvolt 2”, to the latest Nintendo’s handheld console. The game originally made their home on the Nintendo 3DS, but this time, you can experience this two promising titles in one single package, on the Nintendo Switch.
In “Azure Striker Gunvolt”, you take control of Gunvolt’s high-speed mobility and repertoire of electrical attacks to make short work of your enemies. As an “adept” who holds supernatural “septimal powers,” Gunvolt battles for the freedom of the nation from the brutal rule of the huge conglomerate known as the Sumeragi Group and the invasion of a super-powerful group of adepts known as Eden.
Azure Striker Gunvolt’s deep narrative plays out both during breaks in the action and in the thick of battle too! Featuring a strong cast of characters that are fully voiced (in Japanese) and over 25 vocal tracks performed by characters in the game, the world of Gunvolt provides excitement at every turn.
You can watch the trailer below.
- More intense action with framerates upgraded from 30 FPS to 60 FPS!
- The entire DLC catalog from the 3DS version comes pre-loaded!
- HD Rumble support adds a whole new layer that brings you closer to the electrifying action!
- The screen layout has been completely redone with more intuitive designs and easy-to-see menus!
- Brand new song for the Nintendo Switch Version!
- Event graphics and the in-game text looks better than ever in high resolution on the Nintendo Switch!
- Adjustments to the game balance and general gameplay improvements enhance the experience!
- Many different language settings are available for people around the world to enjoy!
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Compatibility
Get this game now while it is on a great price on our Early Black Friday Sale! Click the button below to grab yours.
Blue Reflection is a role-playing video game produced by Gust Co. Ltd. and published by Koei Tecmo in Japan for the PS4 and PS Vita in March 2017. Later on, the game was also released in the West for PS4 and Microsoft Windows.
Blue Reflection is set at Hoshinomiya Girls’ High School, where players follow the role of Hinako Shirai. Hinako is once a ballet dancer. But, due to a tragic accident, Hinako had a knee injury and can no longer dance. Sadly, that also marks the end of her career.
However, her life changes when she meets her new best friends, the magical Shijou twins – Yuzu, who is adored by her classmates for her cheerful and friendly nature, and Lime, who is more logical and self-centered. The twin sisters give Hinako the power of a Reflector, allowing her to fight and move freely. In addition, she can manipulate a mysterious parallel dimension known as The Common, which is filled with demonic inhabitants.
Hinako can freely move and shape this mystical realm’s beauty with her imagination, but she soon understands the very real perils that await her and her friends. As Hinako learns to treasure her companions and creates new bonds with those around her, she gains new strength to help her fight in The Common. The game follows a day cycle, which sees Hinako attend school and spend time with classmates, and visit another world where she battles with monsters in a turn-based battle system.
You can watch the trailer below.
- Study, Play, Fight – Blue Reflection takes place at a vibrant all-girls school, Hoshinomiya Girls’ High School, where players will experience the everyday school life and hang out with their friends. As players meet emotionally unbalanced characters, a gap to The Common opens, a mysterious parallel dimension filled with demonic inhabitants, allowing them to solve the problems between the dimensions
- Reflect Pure Emotions – In The Common, Hinako and her friends transform into Reflectors, allowing them to move freely and fight the demonic creatures that live within this realm. Through gathering emotional fragments and the emotional energy, known as Ether, the Reflectors are able to perform incredible abilities
- Get your own FreeSpace! – Staying in touch with friends can always be tough, but using the ‘FreeSpace!’ social network allows easy communication, and exciting mini-games, in and out of school
- Make the most of your free time – After classes have ended players can partake in after-class activities, explore The Common or explore a variety of exciting places in town. Your actions affect what events will take place the next day!
What’s your thought about this game? Will you be picking up yours? If yes, buy the game now and enjoy it while it’s on our Black Friday Sale!
Have you enjoyed the second batch of Playasia’s Top 5 Games of the Day? What’s your favorite among the 5 great titles? Share us your thoughts in the comment section below and see you next week on our 3rd and last batch of Top 5 Games of the Day!
You can also check here our Top picks for amiibos, Play Exclusives, Toys, and Accessories last week! Also, stay with us for our top picks for the Playasia Exclusives and Accessories tomorrow. See you, dear gamers!
Want to know more about our exclusive deals and upcoming sales? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know all the great deals we can offer!