featured reviewnoblecreative (7) on 21, Apr. 2012 20:08 (HKT)
Not bad more good but not great.
Gaijin Games has hooked up with Konami this to make another sequel in their WW2 Flight IL-2. This is good news as it mean they finally are going to get a little coin behind their production. Unlike their marketing which doesn't even seem to have been addressed, typical. But that said it will be a game that will sell via ...[read more...]
- Dog fight and dive bomb in actual WW2 planes and rain down terror from above. Determine for yourself which plane is the ultimate bird of prey
- Embark on 20 historical missions, hundreds of procedural missions scattered throughout 16 different locations. All are inspired by real life campaigns such as Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal and the battle of Wake Island. Reality is reflected using real life maps and actual satellite photos of these areas
- Enjoy 4 player co-op or go into the new and unique online ware mode to compete against up to 16 aviators across world. More exciting details to come!
- The finest details are the most critical in the new physics and damage models. Controlling speed is a direct result of effect manipulation of the ailerons, and rudders. Each plane has over 100 hitpoints where each part of the plane has its own health and damage detection
- Multiple levels of realism offer a gameplay experience for gamers of all walks: Simplified, Realistic up to Simulator for the serious flight-sim aficionados
descriptionGet ready to strap in, go back in time and take stick in the most pivotal battles in the history of air combat. Birds of Steel puts you right in the crosshairs of WWII's most intense skirmishes. This original IP blends next gen supremacy and the fine details of aerial combat into a historical recreation fit for flight sim fans and history buffs alike. Use your skills to pilot the top planes from all combatants in WWII to recreate history or to change the outcomes of the most prolific battles in history. Online and offline elements add an entire new element to the game which will ensure Birds of Steel remains a fresh combat experience long after you've played for the first time.
|Official Release Date||Mar 13, 2012|
|Language||English, French, Spanish|
|Subtitles||English, French, Spanish|
Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.
Daily Sale Alert: Recently Discounted - May 27th!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - August 5th!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - July 14th
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - June 22nd!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - November 5th!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - October 20th!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - September 22nd!
[E3 2011] Birds of Steel Trailer (YouTube)
|Average rating:||(4.5 out of 5)|
Please note that opinions expressed in any review are those of our customers and do not necessarily match those of the Play-Asia.com team.
Just tried this yesterday, and I love it. It is not a PC simulator, but close enough. I have fun in campaign mode. It is really a good game.
If ever back in stock grab this game, although the tutorial takes time at the start it is worth it and leads into a game that is great to play and will have you coming back for more. Worth a purchase for those into flight games.
It wasn't exactly my cup of tea but it was good fun while it lasted. I just tried the easier modes and it was fun bombing ships out of the water.
Probably best suited for flying fans out there.
The best flight simulation of World War II with great multiplayer.
Log in or create account to post your own reviews.