Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Best Selection)
Compatible with Nintendo DS™ (NDS™)
Works on all systems sold worldwide, a correct regional account may be required for online features.
- aka. Akumajou Dracula: Aoitsuki no Juujika
- Use the touch screen to defeat evil spirits with the new Magic Seal system
- Defeat monsters and destroy Soul Keepers to gain control of monster souls and manipulate them using the Power of Mastery
- Collect items and gather experience points by defeating enemies to level-up your character
- Introduces a variety of memorable new characters that help drive an exciting and dramatic storyline Includes an incredibly moving musical score and stunning special effects
- Exchange or trade acquired souls with friends via the DS wireless connection
The legendary Castlevania franchise returns to the next generation of handheld gaming systems.Set in the year 2036, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow picks up one year after the events of Aria of Sorrow (GBA). A mysterious cult, unhappy that Soma Cruz failed to fulfill his destiny and become the reincarnation of Dracula, seeks to sacrifice our hero so it can bring about a new dark lord. Rather than wait for his enemies to come to him, Soma decides to go on the offensive, which leads him to an all-too-familiar castle.Following in the footsteps of recent Castlevania games, the series' DS debut features RPG elements and a labyrinthine map rife with secrets and special weapons. Aria of Sorrow's heralded Tactical Soul system returns as well, allowing you to learn new powers and abilities by capturing the souls of your vanquished foes.As you control the action on the bottom screen, the top screen will display enemy and player information or a map that's updated in real time as you explore the castle. While that may not sound like the most glamorous use of the dual screens, Castlevania disciples can attest to how valuable a persistent view of the map will be when you're trying to find a secret room or remember the location of that previously unreachable platform.The touch screen also plays a crucial role in smashing crystal blocks that stand in your path, and in drawing Magic Seals to banish bosses. Konami has also revealed that certain Tactical Souls will enable you to perform location-based attacks via the stylus. In some rooms, you'll even be able to use the stylus to warp to different locations in the castle.