- Co-op redefined: This new action title from Valve, creators of the Counter-Strike and Half-Life games, promises to redefine the co-operative genre as those titles did for multiplayer and single player action games.
- A.I. technology: The advanced artificial intelligence drives both friendly and unfriendly creatures to dynamically create intense single-player, co-op, and multiplayer experiences every time the game is played.
- Expansive environments: Battle across twenty different maps with ten distinct weapons across four sprawling campaigns.
- Online matchmaking: The matchmaking, stats, rankings, and awards system drive collaborative play.
- Designer's Commentary mode: Activate this mode for a unique "behind the scenes" look at the development of the game.
- Compatible with Xbox One
Set in a modern day survival-horror universe, the co-operative gameplay of Left 4 Dead™ casts four "Survivors" in an epic struggle against hordes of swarming zombies and terrifying "Boss Infected" mutants.The Survivor Co-op Game Mode is played out across four sprawling campaigns, set in urban and rural environments. The team of four Survivors may be comprised of one to four human players, allowing for single player and multiplayer co-op games.The next-generation A.I. technology of all non-player Survivor and zombie characters is a pool of systems used to procedurally generate a unique experience by monitoring the players' experiences and tailoring the pacing and difficulty of action for each game. This makes for a different experience each time the game is played.In the Left 4 Dead Vs. Mode, play as a Survivor or as one of four types of "Boss Infected." Each of the "Boss Infected" possesses an exceptional mutant ability -- such as a 50-foot tongue lasso or a giant belly full of explosive methane gas -- instead of traditional firearms.
|Too few reviews (min 3 reviews required)
Please note that opinions expressed in any review are those of our customers and do not necessarily match those of the Playasia.com team.
PuNiao (365) on 28, Jan. 2009 15:46 (HKT)
Left 4 Dead
Sad to say, I would be dead if I was ever trapped in a zombie movie. For all the times I have laughed at the untimely deaths of zombie victims on celluloid, nothing really prepares you for the ferocity of the new breed of flesh eaters, popularized in such films as 28 Days Later and Dawn Of The Dead. Playing as one of the four survivors who have to escape to safety, I got mauled peering in a dark room, straying too far from my group, looking around when I should have been looking up and while trying to heal myself. Basically, these are scenarios all horror buffs "recognize" as the one where the victim gets killed. Player stupidity aside though, Left 4 Dead is also a strong multiplayer game as it allows you to coordinate your attacks and escape with your friends, something that the single player campaign fails to deliver.
Log in or create account to post your own reviews.