- Fast gameplay that avoids micromanagement
- Seven unique races with each their own tech tree; no shared units with slightly different stats. Over 180 units in total, including summons and customizable hero units
- Over 90 diverse spells. Clone enemy units, deploy ghosts to reduce enemy morale, cast tidal waves to move ships around, and use illusion to disguise your units as something else. Plus fireballs, of course
- Tactical terrain. Jungle and mountains are impassable to most units, and desert will damage them. Build watchtowers and explosives on the map, and use your magic to move mountains
- Atmospheric soundtrack by Royal Holloway composer Nikolas Sideris, known from games such as Resonance, Diamonds in the Rough, and A Tale of Two Kingdoms
- Multiplayer support, locally with hotseat and/or splitscreen
- Of course there will be achievements and Steam trading cards. A scenario editor is also included.
As a powerful wizard, you start by ruling a small nation as you plot to take over the world! Rule over seven diverse races, from the spider-riding Dwarves to the decadently corrupt Regency, and from shapeshifting Theria to nomadic Goblins. Explore a vast fantasy world, expand by building more cities, battle the armies of rival wizards, and cast earth-shattering enchantments to ensure your victory.