- Colonize the Ocean: Build floating settlements and access natural resources hidden beneath the seas of the alien planet. Alien beasts with unique abilities inhabit the water and challenge the player in new ways. The ocean provides a fully replayable map, new gameplay mechanics and strategic possibilities for players to reign supreme on their new world
- Dynamic Leader Traits: Players and AI Leaders alike unlock new Traits through gameplay and activate different combinations to respond to the changing world. These dynamic sets of Traits also provide benefits and add to the new Diplomacy system, governed by the new Fear and Respect attributes
- New, Enhanced Diplomatic Options: Shape the diplomatic landscape by using political capital to upgrade your traits, change diplomatic relationships, and leverage the benefits of your allies’ traits
- New Sponsors: Four new factions have been added to the game including Al Falah, nomad explorers descended from wealthy and resilient Middle Eastern states that possess a rich cultural and commercial heritage
- New Artifact System: Collect and combine powerful relics to unlock new perks, unit upgrades, and buildings for your faction on the new world
- New Hybrid Units: Affinities are competing visions for the future of humanity. By investing in multiple Affinities, rather than specializing in just one, players can unlock special hybrid Affinity units and upgrades
- New Biomes: Two new world types have been added. Primordial worlds are rife in volcanic activity and the chaotic landscape of a world still forming. Frigid worlds have cooled in their great age, their surfaces covered with icy oceans and frozen tundra
The human race launches into space after armageddon, and those left behind must deal with the catastrophe and the collapse of modern society. In this turbulent time, 4 factions have emerged from the ruins, and with their resilience, ruthlessness, and convictions, these remnants of humanity must strive at any opportunity for the sake of survival. This is Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide.
As the first main expansion pack to Firaxis' award winning epic sci-fi strategy and simulation PC game Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, Rising Tide brings an enormous amount of features. Featuring entirely new factions, an overhauled diplomacy system, hybrid Affinities, and even the introduction of aquatic elements, this expansion brings a visionary perspective of humanity’s future.
Colonize the ocean in an undivided map with floating settlements in a new sort of Civilization which demands a keen strategic prowess; new gameplay mechanics introduced by this ocean setting bring forth endless replayability as players encounter sea monsters and more in the infinite blue. This combined with the dynamic leader traits from the new diplomacy system present endless combinations of traits and attributes will force players to adapt or perish in the advent of the Rising Tide!