Windows 10 Pro OEM DOUBLE COINS Windows 10 digital
Before you buy, please read these notes and FAQ!
- This is only the Windows OEM product key
- Cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older operating system
- Requires a clean installation, and all prior data must be backed up
- Will not allow for a change to a different motherboard model or hard drive once installed
What does OEM mean?
OEM product keys are priced lower than their retail counterparts, but use the same software as retail versions of Windows. Per Microsoft’s EULA regarding OEM, the product key is tied to the PC motherboard which it’s initially installed on, and there is typically no transferring the key between PCs afterward.
Can I directly upgrade from an older operating system?
No, you cannot. A clean installation is required.
What is a clean installation?
A clean installation means formatting your hard drive before installing Windows, so make sure that you have backed up your files.
1. Download media creation tool
2. Run the media creation tool
- Create installation media for another PC
- Select the preferred language
- Select Edition: Windows 10 (it includes both, Pro and Home)
- Select architecture (64-bit or 32-bit)
- Select the media you want to create (USB flash drive or ISO file to create a DVD)
3. Perform a clean installation
- Boot from the USB flash drive or the DVD
- Select your language, time, and keyboard preferences
- Enter product key
- Installation type: Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)
- Remove all partitions (this deletes all your data!) and create a new one to install Windows
To avoid any issues in the redemption process, redeem the code without any network connectivity (unplug cable, disable wireless)
Recommended for you
|Official Release Date||Jul 20, 2015|
others also bought
|Average rating:||(5 out of 5)|
Please note that opinions expressed in any review are those of our customers and do not necessarily match those of the Play-Asia.com team.
Log in or create account to post your own reviews.