- 15 years in the making. After his 1991 debut, universal video game icon Sonic returns to his high-velocity roots to create a new dimension of entertainment.
- Speed Redefined. Utilizing next-gen technologies, light bloom, and environmental motion-blur effects, Sonic's breakneck speed and dazzling world come to life.
- Amigos and enemies. Sonic is joined by friends and foes from the franchise history, as well as a new character, Silver, whose supernatural powers will wreak mayhem on Sonic's plans!
- Realistic World. Using a next-generation physics engine, Sonic's moves, attacks and environment interaction respond realistically to opposing forces. The dynamic environments have been specifically created to promote Sonic's sense of speed while delivering a great sense of scale.
- Two different types of stages. Town stages where Sonic will be able explore vast environments and play various sub-missions, and Action stages where Sonic's blistering speed will be utilized in full effect.
- Multiplayer Mode. Up to two players can play as Sonic and his amigos in high-spirited multiplayer fun!
When video game icon Sonic The Hedgehog debuted on the SEGA Genesis in 1991, he shook up the action-platform genre with his signature speed and rebellious attitude. More than 44 million units later, Sonic celebrates his 15th anniversary and blazes his way onto the next generation consoles for an epic adventure designed to deliver the most intense sensation of speed experienced to date.The game is set in Soleanna, the beautiful city of water. In his first adventure set in the human world, Sonic meets a beautiful princess named Elise, whom he quickly befriends, but Princess Elise is abducted by none other than the calculating Dr. Eggman who is working under dark and sinister motives, to destroy this special kingdom of hers. In order to restore safety and serenity, Sonic must maneuver his way through a series of adventures and challenges where he will encounter and interact with a bevy of allies and enemies, and ultimately go head to head against the menacing doctor to thwart his malicious plans. Along the way, Sonic once again meets with Shadow, who has a past with Soleanna, and also encounters a mysterious character named Silver. Blocking him with unique supernatural powers, even the Blue dude with 'tude will find it difficult to out-maneuver the enigmatic Silver! As Sonic speeds through the huge kingdom, the mysteries unravel.Sonic The Hedgehog melds top-tier animation production values with next generation art, physics and game design to create the most intense, high velocity Sonic adventure yet! Featuring interactive 3D environments, a large cast of new and returning characters, and a blistering sense of speed, get ready for the reinvention of Sonic The Hedgehog!
|Average rating:||(4 out of 5)|
Please note that opinions expressed in any review are those of our customers and do not necessarily match those of the Playasia.com team.
segacon (32) on 12, Feb. 2007 23:56 (HKT)
Possibly the worst Sonic game ever
Even if you like the 3D Sonic games, this one will probably disappoint. The graphics and music are great, but everything else... not so much. The difficulty is insane, due to bad level design and the usual constant falling through the ground and off of ledges.The control is terrible, with reversed camera controls and lots of msised button presses. The boss battles are no fun either. This game was definitely rushed and could have been a lot better.
Log in or create account to post your own reviews.